Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, can anyone help me. it says the biology assignment has to be as a guide 800-1500 words. if it's under that amount do you get penalized or does it not really matter about the word count? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bassboy887)
    Hey guys, can anyone help me. it says the biology assignment has to be as a guide 800-1500 words. if it's under that amount do you get penalized or does it not really matter about the word count? Cheers
    honestly you shouldn't be worrying about being under the word count, 800 words is not that much...
    don't think the word count is that important, when i did my assignment last year i was way over lol and i didn't get any marks off
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Bassboy887)
    You won't be penalised for being under that, as it is used as a guide only at Higher level. What I will say though is that if it is a fair bit shorter than that, it may not be in sufficient depth to obtain a good mark. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hydroxide)
    honestly you shouldn't be worrying about being under the word count, 800 words is not that much...
    don't think the word count is that important, when i did my assignment last year i was way over lol and i didn't get any marks off

Thanks very much for that, cheers all done now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    You won't be penalised for being under that, as it is used as a guide only at Higher level. What I will say though is that if it is a fair bit shorter than that, it may not be in sufficient depth to obtain a good mark. Hope this helps
    Thanks, for the final write up i think it was over so all good hopefully! cheers again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hydroxide)
    Thanks very much cheers!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.