Turn on thread page Beta

History disso. due really soon. Give up? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

So, I have my disso. due at the end of April. But a week after I have three assignments due on the same day... lovely. Also, I work contracted weekends (booking these off when I can).

I didn't get the first and second choice for my disso. and thus, had to deal with a third choice (which was compulsory, at this point).

It is a really REALLY hard topic and I am struggling like hell. I have around 40 sources including internet sources like newspapers, museums etc.

I want at least 70 in my extensive bibliography. But I am just really struggling writing this and ... to top this - the stress is making me gain so much weight! I have literally ballooned!

I have my first chapter due (3k out of 10k) in two weeks and I also have an essay due that I must research for.

I am so stressed and worried about my disso. I mean, it is weighted two modules at 100%.

I am on track for a 2.1. (last semester I got 69% and 70%) but I am honestly bricking it. I can't write because it's such a difficult topic. I know people are writing as it is.

I was planning on finishing the first draft end of March and then redrafting and writing the entire thing again during April and to hand it in on the 25th. I am aiming for a first but I doubt it.

Doesn't help I am anemic so I get tired really easily and I commute about one hour and 30 minutes each way to and from Uni.

My point is - please tell me I am not f*cked.

I knew I should have picked the English module - joint honours degree - because that was 5K but I really wanted to explore my first choice. It was too late once I found out I didn't get my first and second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieAppleLemon)
    Hi guys!

So, I have my disso. due at the end of April. But a week after I have three assignments due on the same day... lovely. Also, I work contracted weekends (booking these off when I can).

I didn't get the first and second choice for my disso. and thus, had to deal with a third choice (which was compulsory, at this point).

It is a really REALLY hard topic and I am struggling like hell. I have around 40 sources including internet sources like newspapers, museums etc.

I want at least 70 in my extensive bibliography. But I am just really struggling writing this and ... to top this - the stress is making me gain so much weight! I have literally ballooned!

I have my first chapter due (3k out of 10k) in two weeks and I also have an essay due that I must research for.

I am so stressed and worried about my disso. I mean, it is weighted two modules at 100%.

I am on track for a 2.1. (last semester I got 69% and 70%) but I am honestly bricking it. I can't write because it's such a difficult topic. I know people are writing as it is.

I was planning on finishing the first draft end of March and then redrafting and writing the entire thing again during April and to hand it in on the 25th. I am aiming for a first but I doubt it.

Doesn't help I am anemic so I get tired really easily and I commute about one hour and 30 minutes each way to and from Uni.

I knew I should have picked the English module - joint honours degree - because that was 5K but I really wanted to explore my first choice. It was too late once I found out I didn't get my first and second.
    No you are not F****. You can still breath oxygen in - so start there!

...If you commute on a train could you use that as your reading time? Could you call in a private tutor just to get you kick started?
    5000 words per month not too shabby! My tutor (working on his dPhil at Oriel in Oxford) completed the writing in 3 weeks...you'll be fine... Now breath out...

ReputationRep:
    It is entirely do-able. Get yourself organised and stick to it. You can get it done.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by RosieAppleLemon)
    Hi guys!

You can do it :dumbells:

Keep a spreadsheet of all your sources for each essay (or use referencing software) as this will help you when it comes to adding footnotes and will save you SO MUCH TIME. Give yourself a study schedule so you can manage your time over all of your assignments and remember less is sometimes more. Take regular breaks so you're not overwhelmed.

Why are you so set on 70 sources for your dissertation? You only need as many sources as you need - don't spend time trying to find more just for the sake of it!

Make sure you write a really good plan for your essay and your dissertation, & focus on having strong introductions and conclusions.

With good time management and planning you will be okay :woo:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.