Turn on thread page Beta

I am depressed and not motivated to do anything. Please help! :( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    I dont think shes a guy
    Why do ppl think I am a girl sometimes... ffs lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winterscoming)
    I've been through this kind of thing so many times that I've lost count. I get it a lot this time of year as well because it's just cold and dark all the time, and most people seem to be miserable generally. I've never taken antidepressants - I sort of feel that those are more of a sticking plaster for the problem than a cure. Kind of like a last-resort if you need to get your mind straight before exam week or something like that. I know some people who have ended up taking antidepressants for years, and kinda feel like those people are worse off as a result.

Are you drinking enough water? What kinds of foods are you eating? Sometimes you just need to go on a strict healthy diet for a week or so and just let your body have a week where it's getting all the nutrition it needs while not dealing with sugar or any other junk food. Spend a few days just filling your plate up with veg (especially greens - try spinach if you don't normally like greens, that usually goes with almost anything. Spinach has loads of folic acid, so if you're deficient in this, that might be why you're feeling down)

How much time are you spending outdoors? If you're stuck inside all the time, especially if all you're doing indoors is staring at various different screens (Phone, laptop, TV), that'll usually make you feel down. To be honest, I think spending too much time reading all the crap people post online and social media ends up being pretty depressing. Go outside and do something. Try to do some cardio exercise as well. Spending 30 miniutes running or just about any other kind of high-intensity cardio for 30 minutes is great for releasing endorphins. It probably should go without saying that a healthy body helps keep a healthy mind

How are you sleeping? are you actually getting proper restful sleep? Are you consuming loads of caffeiene and staying awake or waking up in the middle of the night?

Also, if you're just wound up and stressed or anxious then try meditating to some relaxing music for 20 minutes just to clear your head for a while. That kind of thing is pretty calming - sitting in silence just focused on your breathing and trying to empty your head of all the stuff which you normally can't switch off might make a difference.
    Cheers for the food advice. I will try and follow it however my diet is ok tbh however i could probably do with drinking more water. I need to go outside more but I don't have many friends so opportunities are are really rare to do so. Last time I went to the gym was 2 weeks ago, i just haven't got enough energy to go back atm. I get around 7-8 hours of sleep a night, I know I need to stop waking up so late but i can't help but stay up late at night haha. I need to start meditating lol. I will definitely try your advice and see if it works, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh bro I know what you mean man. Not feeling motivated in life, education and feeling pretty sh*t. Just remember you not the first one or the only one going through this, whatever is you want to do and achieve go for it bro. Even if you don't have faith/no one has faith push hard and smash it!!

Don't underestimate yourself, I'm sure you're a great guy with great potential if even you are fixated to think your not. If motivation, determination won't come to you, then push yourself, force yourself to push through and go and get it! Why does everyone have motivation and success but you. How fair is that? If motivation won't come to you, push yourself to go and get it. You don't need anything in life, nothing apart from yourself- your biggest strength!

I get the same feeling about personal issues and sh*t like that pushing me down, you've just gotta kick it the fu** out your life and bury it. Good luck man.

Imo, medication won't help. I admire you posting on this forum about your issue, props to you. Everyone's here to help always inc me just a PM away.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    Cheers for the food advice. I will try and follow it however my diet is ok tbh however i could probably do with drinking more water. I need to go outside more but I don't have many friends so opportunities are are really rare to do so. Last time I went to the gym was 2 weeks ago, i just haven't got enough energy to go back atm. I get around 7-8 hours of sleep a night, I know I need to stop waking up so late but i can't help but stay up late at night haha. I need to start meditating lol. I will definitely try your advice and see if it works, thanks!
    Yeah meditation is really relaxing honestly! It's pretty easy to lose time once you get into the zone

Have you got a Spotify account? Here's the playlist i'm listening to lately:
    https://open.spotify.com/user/spotif...Sli7BHhl7QduLg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReadySalted28)
    Ahhhhh bro I know what you mean man. Not feeling motivated in life, education and feeling pretty sh*t. Just remember you not the first one or the only one going through this, whatever is you want to do and achieve go for it bro. Even if you don't have faith/no one has faith push hard and smash it!!

Don't underestimate yourself, I'm sure you're a great guy with great potential if even you are fixated to think your not. If motivation, determination won't come to you, then push yourself, force yourself to push through and go and get it! Why does everyone have motivation and success but you. How fair is that? If motivation won't come to you, push yourself to go and get it. You don't need anything in life, nothing apart from yourself- your biggest strength!

I get the same feeling about personal issues and sh*t like that pushing me down, you've just gotta kick it the fu** out your life and bury it. Good luck man.

Imo, medication won't help. I admire you posting on this forum about your issue, props to you. Everyone's here to help always inc me just a PM away.
    Aww cheers for the advice and support. Ngl this one message actually triggered something in my mind, even if it was just very slight. I think I may be escaping this phase slowly. It will eventually come again but if I can just get out of it for 2 weeks I will be happy. Good luck to you as well! Yeah I will bro/gal, cheers for support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winterscoming)
    Yeah meditation is really relaxing honestly! It's pretty easy to lose time once you get into the zone

Have you got a Spotify account? Here's the playlist i'm listening to lately:
    https://open.spotify.com/user/spotif...Sli7BHhl7QduLg
    Oooh cheers for the playlist, yeah I do luckily, spotify is awesome. I will try this before I go to sleep tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I have a very similar problem to you, I just cannot find motivation to do much ever and am always so physically tired.
    Sympathy from here!!

Definitely speak to someone though! Whether it's a GP or someone else, anyone that can help you.

ReputationRep:
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Charles R. Swindoll

ReputationRep:
    I think that depression is a serious disease. My friend suffers from depression. He very often is in complete apathy and doesn't want to do anything. It's very difficult to persuade him to start treatment. He doesn't want to go to therapy, besides, he doesn't want to take antidepressants, because they cause dependence. We found an alternative to antidepressants it is smart pills. Here you can read more https://nootropicboost.com/buy-best-nootropic-stack/ about them. These pills help to improve mood and stay motivated. I think this effect will be enough to make him want to be cured of depression.

ReputationRep:
    I will wait till college starts but it seems that i may have that. I'm just not willing to admit I have. I want to be motivated naturally tbh, not by pills.
    When we get disappointed and annoyed to the extreme we usually shut the door and go into a spiral down. Gym stops and eating increases. Then bad food drives our DNA wild and gloom comes. Best is to get outside, go for walks and dump the burgers and chips and rest. Get to a park and away in the sunshine and relax. Soon may see that what ever the trigger was, is just that, a tiny trigger, like a rudder, controlling you. Flick it off and as they say in the Bible, hand on the plough looking forward'.... Gym may be later, key is make some time for yourself, think about it. Doc's drug your sensory receptors, and that just blocks pathways. Can be useful in extreme. See a quack anytime for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is , I feel that this world doesn't help, the only way you will get better is by picking yourself up.
    Yeah true

ReputationRep:
    Always remember. God will never take anything from you without the intention of replacing it with something much better.

ReputationRep:
    Why do ppl think I am a girl sometimes... ffs lmao
    Yaz I was right! Mentally dancing right now

ReputationRep:
    Aww cheers for the advice and support. Ngl this one message actually triggered something in my mind, even if it was just very slight. I think I may be escaping this phase slowly. It will eventually come again but if I can just get out of it for 2 weeks I will be happy. Good luck to you as well! Yeah I will bro/gal, cheers for support
    We are all here for you and I understand what you are going through as a couple years ago my uncle who used to be in the army suffered from depression when he came back Araq, this was caused by the terrible things that he had seen there. Due to his depression, he had to leave the army. The good news is that he has full recovered but he doesn't like to talk about his time in the army, which I understand and respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiarichards16)
    We are all here for you and I understand what you are going through as a couple years ago my uncle who used to be in the army suffered from depression when he came back Araq, this was caused by the terrible things that he had seen there. Due to his depression, he had to leave the army. The good news is that he has full recovered but he doesn't like to talk about his time in the army, which I understand and respect
    Thats sad to here but i'm happy to hear he is better now. Its good you understand but I think you should check out this thread i made recently as you may be able to give more advice
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5233872
    Thanks in advance

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.