Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Nudes the new norm? watch

ReputationRep:
    People keep asking me for nudes, but personally it's not my thing but is it normal in 2018
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No, and don't take any nudes or accept any from others.

ReputationRep:
    It is normal, to be perfectly honest with you.

That is not to say it is healthy or generally unproblematic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    It is normal, to be perfectly honest with you.

That is not to say it is healthy or generally unproblematic.
    haha tinder made me ask this question, people are so damn sexualised these days

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fine so long as the nudes are consented to (by both the sender and receiver) and obviously no minors involved.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Respect.Global)
    People keep asking me for nudes, but personally it's not my thing but is it normal in 2018
    If it's not your thing, then don't let anyone force it be your thing.

Many people do it, but that doesn't mean it's right to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get it and never have, but why would you want to send nudes to a stranger you just met on the internet? Even if you are attracted to them from their profile, what self respecting person sends out nudes to strangers online?

ReputationRep:
    As long as you are aware and prepared for potential consequences of your actions, go nuts I say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    I don't really get it and never have, but why would you want to send nudes to a stranger you just met on the internet? Even if you are attracted to them from their profile, what self respecting person sends out nudes to strangers online?
    Loads. Next question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect.Global)
    haha tinder made me ask this question, people are so damn sexualised these days
    If you find the idea of sharing with a random person off Tinder exciting, go wild. But if you find the idea unusual, then tell them to **** off and find people who are slightly more sophisticated.

ReputationRep:
    It's completely normalised now. It surprises me how normalised it has got over the past ten years, actually.

ReputationRep:
    don't do something stupid pls
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I find it strange but to each their own. I’d rather just get to see the person naked irl, over the internet it doesn’t do much for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I find it strange but to each their own. I’d rather just get to see the person naked irl, over the internet it doesn’t do much for me.
    Pretty much this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    What if your lady friend is out of town. You don't wanna see an .avi of her shite pipe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    What if your lady friend is out of town. You don't wanna see an .avi of her shite pipe?
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I got my first unsolicited pic at 14? Growing up I thought everyone was in the same boat but I was chatting to my friend just last week and she was never received or sent a pic in her life and doesn't understand how I've had so many? I really don't like them, a willy rarely looks good and the only time I've ever been like "yay!" Was from a guy I knew really well and had slept with clothed and was curious about what he was packing exactly 😂 But they're not classy or glamorous imo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KW300417)
    I got my first unsolicited pic at 14? Growing up I thought everyone was in the same boat but I was chatting to my friend just last week and she was never received or sent a pic in her life and doesn't understand how I've had so many? I really don't like them, a willy rarely looks good and the only time I've ever been like "yay!" Was from a guy I knew really well and had slept with clothed and was curious about what he was packing exactly 😂 But they're not classy or glamorous imo...
    I completely agree with you, although for the right guy I might consider it😂, but not just 5 seconds into talking to him.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is normal. If I see someone naked nowadays it just feels normal, I don’t even give it a second thought....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reeeeyah)
    I think it is normal. If I see someone naked nowadays it just feels normal, I don’t even give it a second thought....
    I agree with you too, it's like seeing a guy in a pink top 50 years ago would have made people stare but society has moved so far from that and I think it's great that were exploring our bodies but nudes to me are okay, but for me, i might consider it but probs not the way people do it, and believe me, i get a lot of offers😂

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.