Turn on thread page Beta

Going back to 2015 when I was 17 and introduced to a guy at a house party (he was 21). I didn't think much of it didn't see him as anything special but because he'd given me some of his drink I thanked him the next day (common decency right?) anyways we started messaging back and forth and from what I remember it wasn't anything beyond friendly. When it came to bonfire night he started asking me to see him/if he could see me etc and I put him off repeatedly until one day I agreed mainly to get him off my case. Also at the party we were chatting with my 2 friends who had said and I can remember the words clear as day "(boys name) is the only guy who'll invite you to his house to chill and you will literally just chill" and that was that I also thought he was trying to pull my other mate at the time. Anyways, it was a ridiculously wet day and I stupidly told my mum that a couple of my other friends would be there because I didn't want her winding me up about going to a guys house - something that I will always regret. He introduced me to his mum and we went straight into his room which was disgusting and smelly and I was instantly uncomfortable but trying to be chill and polite. We chatted away for about an hour before we ended up hugging and naive little me just let it be and then the next thing I knew he had his hands up my top and stroking my sides and I remember freezing up because I wasn't okay with that and then his hands went down the back of my jeans and he groped my bum (over my pants). I slapped his hand away and he apologised and Then I think that's the first time he kissed me I hate kissing so I really wasn't into it but let him because at this point I thought the sooner it was done with I could go home and forget but then he pulled me on top of him so I was straddling him and I swear I could feel his semi beneath me there was definitely something there and I was old enough to know what was going on so he kissed me again and I almost laughed him off and told him that I should go but he was like oh just stay another half hour maybe the rain will be off and I need to leave then to meet my mates and so I stayed at this point I was texting my mate trying not to freak out but he was reading my text over my shoulder so I had to play it cool. Right before I left he picked me up and kissed me again. So I walked home and instantly felt off like I had so much adrenaline going through me but I knew I wasn't happy with what went down but never one to cause a scene I just left it. We kept messaging (I'm an idiot I know) but I felt it would be easier for me to stay civil with him so that I could convince myself nothing happened and it was all in my head and that I didn't tell him to stop and he didn't put anything in me and therefore nothing bad happened. It was going ok until yet another friend started to message me and another girl he was texting saying things like "stay away from him" and she was extremely insistent but always had been a bit of a drama queen so I kept my distance and things like that but she kept up the warning messages but never gave us a reason why until one day I asked her privately and she told me he was alleged to have raped a girl a couple of years previous and well I freaked out a lot felt physically sick because before she had finished the sentence I knew what she was going to say. The guy obviously denied it all and I've since blocked him on everything as he went on to date one of the girls from the party even after I told her everything. I lost all of my school friends over it and felt betrayed by all of them for not believing me. It still comes back to haunt me and I can't get too close to guys because it gives me weird flashbacks but was it all in my head and am I exaggerating or was this incident assault?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest, I personally don't think it's assault, but that was a super *****y thing he done like, don't get me wrong, I ain't saying it was okay, how come you lost your friends?

(Original post by LilEskimoSupreme)
    I'll be honest, I personally don't think it's assault, but that was a super *****y thing he done like, don't get me wrong, I ain't saying it was okay, how come you lost your friends?
    Nah I know that's the thing I know it wasn't like legally it was but in my opinion it wasn't. A booty call gone wrong is how I describe it! It's only came to light recently because of something that happened with my flatmate a couple of weeks ago. My friends took his word over mine and said that if I was telling the truth I wouldn't be so open about it, then when the girl started dating him I drew a line in the sand and the final straw is when he brought him to our pre-prom gathering thing so they could have couple photos taken wanted the ground to swallow me up.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nah I know that's the thing I know it wasn't like legally it was but in my opinion it wasn't. A booty call gone wrong is how I describe it! It's only came to light recently because of something that happened with my flatmate a couple of weeks ago. My friends took his word over mine and said that if I was telling the truth I wouldn't be so open about it, then when the girl started dating him I drew a line in the sand and the final straw is when he brought him to our pre-prom gathering thing so they could have couple photos taken wanted the ground to swallow me up.
    Eh the only thing I can say is if they didn't believe you with somehing like that, are they really that good of friends, yeah i know its *****y like losing friends but they sound like they took his side a little too easy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.