Turn on thread page Beta

What's the point of life? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Hey RT,

Do you have someone or something significant in your life that could give you motivation to be better or feel better? That could help
    Not atm really, I have The Weeknd who I normally listen to or watch music videos from. However, that isn't working now for some odd reason.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    Not atm really, I have The Weeknd who I normally listen to or watch music videos from. However, that isn't working now for some odd reason.
    Never underestimate Abel Tesfaye lol, but have you tried looking for other things or do you friends/family that could help?

ReputationRep:
    I love your answer and I really need to start believing this and I usually do but atm i'm finding it hard to for some reason
    You can't force anything upon your life. There are good weeks and bad weeks, just try taking your mind off it. Focus on things you like, spend more time with your friends or family or just focus on yourself - on your wellbeing - work out, go on long walks or even do yoga (yes, people are like, yoga? tf? but it somehow opens you up, it's hard to explain), find a new tv show, read a book, maybe make a plan far into the future, something to keep you going. or try to change surroundings if possible? i don't know how old are you what you're doing right now in life but that's an option too. All of this might sound stupid as hell but trust me - eventually everything falls into place. It really does.

ReputationRep:
    get laid. get paid. gatorade.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Never underestimate Abel Tesfaye lol, but have you tried looking for other things or do you friends/family that could help?
    Hell yeah XOTWOD, it's his birthday today btw lol. I have friends and family but i don't really want help from them for some reason....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulaxw)
    You can't force anything upon your life. There are good weeks and bad weeks, just try taking your mind off it. Focus on things you like, spend more time with your friends or family or just focus on yourself - on your wellbeing - work out, go on long walks or even do yoga (yes, people are like, yoga? tf? but it somehow opens you up, it's hard to explain), find a new tv show, read a book, maybe make a plan far into the future, something to keep you going. or try to change surroundings if possible? i don't know how old are you what you're doing right now in life but that's an option too. All of this might sound stupid as hell but trust me - eventually everything falls into place. It really does.
    Well to escape life atm i'm just playing video games as I don't really have the energy to do anything else for some reason. I could try a new tv show maybe. I have made plans for the future, when my uni emails me the maths syllabus I will have to study I may look into it and study before hand.

ReputationRep:
    Its all about that OVO and XO
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hell yeah XOTWOD, it's his birthday today btw lol. I have friends and family but i don't really want help from them for some reason....
    Dont really like The Weeknd much tbh except for his dressing style
    See you keep repeating 'For some reason' why is that? There is a reason for everything

ReputationRep:
    I hope things get better for you
    And por vous

ReputationRep:
    Dont really like The Weeknd much tbh except for his dressing style
    See you keep repeating 'For some reason' why is that? There is a reason for everything
    Idk, probably because i'm clueless with my meaning of life and everything else atm lol

ReputationRep:
    Theres no point of living your life if you have no motives or set goals. Thats why lots of unemployed people become depressed because they don’t feel productive or any sort of self worthiness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanthom100)
    errr, i'm more of an agnostic guy tbf. I mean i kinda believe in jesus but i dont believe that god created the earth in 7 days for example. I may sit alone at night in summer when it's less cold and windy lol as atm i think freezing to death would ruin the moment haha. I love your view on life though
    thank you but if you dont belive then probably look at the situation like this, meaning of life is to love, to spread happiness and to enjoy the fullest.

You know when we drown in water why do we try coming up?why do we try to live? …

its because:
    1. Its my life dude . I want to live.
    2.i hav my friends and loved ones have to live.
    3(not necessary)i hav my wife, my children, girlfriend/boyfriend,etc.
    4.i want to have my favourite pizaa and cupcakes and coffee and hamburger and everything # this is sooooo me:d

so, im gonna sum it up by the above example i just wanted to say that the meaning of life is to if not for yourself but for those who love you, for the lady and man who gave birth to you and for all those who once brought a smile on your face!

#i hope you liked this or maybe understood a little about life's meaning #cause everybody is not lucky to live!
    #let me know on this one too.
    #thank you for reading.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of living life when we are just going to die and then the world will eventually end. This question is one of the causes to why I struggle to be motivated and do anything in life atm, even stuff like getting out of bed
    Its up to you to find your purpose, no one else will find it for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanya503)
    thank you but if you dont belive then probably look at the situation like this, meaning of life is to love, to spread happiness and to enjoy the fullest.

You know when we drown in water why do we try coming up?why do we try to live? …

its because:
    1. Its my life dude . I want to live.
    2.i hav my friends and loved ones have to live.
    3(not necessary)i hav my wife, my children, girlfriend/boyfriend,etc.
    4.i want to have my favourite pizaa and cupcakes and coffee and hamburger and everything # this is sooooo me:d

so, im gonna sum it up by the above example i just wanted to say that the meaning of life is to if not for yourself but for those who love you, for the lady and man who gave birth to you and for all those who once brought a smile on your face!

#i hope you liked this or maybe understood a little about life's meaning #cause everybody is not lucky to live!
    #let me know on this one too.
    #thank you for reading.
    I think u summed up the way I need to think and get across into my head quite well. Holding my breath under water and coming back up does show that deep down I do want to live, even though maybe it's just my natural reflexes for survival kicking in 😅. Np, thanks for replying I really appreciate it 😊.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanthom100)
    i think u summed up the way i need to think and get across into my head quite well. Holding my breath under water and coming back up does show that deep down i do want to live, even though maybe it's just my natural reflexes for survival kicking in 😅. Np, thanks for replying i really appreciate it 😊.
    anytime:u.
    Just have courage and be kind.

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yvonne92)
    The point is to pass on your genetics as well as your knowledge to the future generations!
    Life is purely for passing on genes, nothing else. Humans are the only ones that seek meaning or purpose so I must be a useless mammal by not wanting children. Due to this it shows we just have to make purpose and stick it out for a few decades.

ReputationRep:
    The point of living is to die, to let the warmth of your heart fall into the cold embrace of oblivion and be relinquished from the pain and suffering that is life. Everything you were, is what your life is. You have two choices in life, be what you want to be and leave behind a path for other's to follow, to leave a mark on the greater plain of existence or to have never lived. Don't think that this means be a billionaire, it just means that upon everyone you meet and everything you do, make it worth it, make a connection, leave a mark, so that people learn from you and remember you, be that torch for someone in the dark, lead the way. So that the day that you die, it isn't your darkest day yet the grandest conclusion to a life that lived and can now finally rest and be truly free from everything, and your biomass can fade into a world that you helped to shape.

ReputationRep:
    'Look at this dude' 'ohnonononono...' 'nonono...' 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHA' 'Look at it! Look at the top of his head-' 'HAHAHAHAHAHA'

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.