Turn on thread page Beta

my girlfriend wants to leave me because my GPA is a 2.7 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    my girlfriend is very smart in law school and she has always been a great student. good grades. I on the other hand have just come come back to school after 10 years, when I did not do so well in high school, i dropped out. now I am in a university with a 2.7 and she is making it hard for me. saying a bunch of things. She gave me a ultimatum when I was in community college that if i didnt get into a university she would dump me, cause she didnt wanna date someone who couldn't get in, when she said that I ended up failing two classes, because I tried to push myself harder and was so worried i wouldnt get in, and I lied about it and she found out , so I understand her wanting to leave me for that, but she's decided to stay and now that I got into a university im trying very hard but its hard to bring a gpa after a few fails, what should i do. I love her dearly, but I think i am not good enough for her.
    Boy, just let her go cuz (why I think you should)
    1- she is not loving you for who you are,
    2- cares more about showing off not feeloings
    3- you wont be comfortable with her in your relationship, therefore lie after lies
    4- she is not there when you need her most- the sad and anxious times (basically, bad times n stuff) I mean, she could've helped you with her "intelligent" brain like help make notes, give tips or at least let you have rest between your studies by giving you a snack or talking to you.
    I get it that it's hard to just let someone go just like when because you have deep feelings for her; but do you think this relationship will last long like this? don't you think it will come to an end one day? (WHY I THINK YOU SHOULD NOT LET HER GO -->)OR do you think she is someone who is trying to bring out your best in you but you might not like how she is gettin it across you: so you need the divine strength of COMMUNICATION- so that you guys can understand each other better like, do ask questions- are you gonna leave me just cuz of my grades? what counts more to you- feelings or grades? then clear it out whatever misunderstanding you are having, because I dont think you developed the deep feelings for her just like that. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THE TRUTH about one thing that is you both are kinda equal: because she has great grades meaning she can have a good and enjoyable career with someone more successful BUT you are someone who gives her the emotional thingy and actually care about her because of herself not her grades. so it'd be 50-50. so use both of of your and your girlfriend's strong points to get out of this obstacle- let her help you with your studies(study timetable, making notes etc. etc. which will help deepen ur reationship like "killing 2 birds with one stone") and show your actual love to her and she will know it's worth being with you, cuz I think she will understand because she didnt leave you even though before she said she would.

ReputationRep:
    Get em', bag em', burn em'

ReputationRep:
    Dump her. People like that are normally ridiculously hypocritical anyway, I bet if she ends up with someone smarter than her she'll put in zero effort to try and close the gap.

ReputationRep:
    I dont even know why u r still with her!!?? LIKE, SERIOUSLY MAN!
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    my girlfriend is very smart in law school and she has always been a great student. good grades. I on the other hand have just come come back to school after 10 years, when I did not do so well in high school, i dropped out. now I am in a university with a 2.7 and she is making it hard for me. saying a bunch of things. She gave me a ultimatum when I was in community college that if i didnt get into a university she would dump me, cause she didnt wanna date someone who couldn't get in, when she said that I ended up failing two classes, because I tried to push myself harder and was so worried i wouldnt get in, and I lied about it and she found out , so I understand her wanting to leave me for that, but she's decided to stay and now that I got into a university im trying very hard but its hard to bring a gpa after a few fails, what should i do. I love her dearly, but I think i am not good enough for her.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what the majority as said on here that you should, indeed, end the relationship. Even if you were to bring your GPA up she'll still, most likely, find something else that is not good enough. It is probably a personality trait for her - she is probably very competitive and thinks she is always right and has the right answers for everyone else as well.

My real reason for responding though is to say WELL DONE! Congratulations on getting into community college and a university after taking 10 years away!
    WOW that is no small accomplishment! The work at uni is very difficult and even more so given the length of time away from the classroom. You need to hold your head up high and should be encouraged everyday that you are doing well because you ARE!! Take it one day at at time and do your personal best! That is what is required. Regardless of your gf I hope that you can find a professor, a counselor or even just a friend who you can go to and they will remind you of what all you have achieved and to not throw in the towel again. You don't need a 4.0 you need a degree when you've finished your courses.

Don't let your gf make you feel like you are anything other than successful. Personally, I feel it would be better to be alone for a while (until I found someone else) than to be with someone who was trying to bring me down and belittle my accomplishments.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.