Turn on thread page Beta

Getting a bit OCD with my revishion watch

I have never been OCD before and don't have it yet for the last few weeks i have been going crazy about revision. I do the 6 hours at school then an extra hour at after school revision then go home and revise until 11. i will be honest i do stop for food and pause on what i can't write yet if i as much as stop for a while i fell like i am failing, and trying to pick myself back up. My mum and teachers have told me that it is dangerous and i should do 2 hours maximum but i still feel bad for not doing as much. what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    That is over working yourself. Even though your school work and revision is important, you can't work from 8/9 in the morning and go all the way until 11. That's more than 12 hours of work! If you revise for that long, you will find that you're tired and the topics you're revising won't stick in your head. You would be best doing a couple of hour long revision sessions a night but make sure you have enough time for food and time to relax on the night time because you need rest
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.