Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I am kind of confused I am at the university studying Civil engineering but I feel there is nothing worth living for in my life and I see no reason to go on i don't even feel the need to study anymore what's wrong with me?

ReputationRep:
    your perceptions and views are wrong all you need is a moment of being alone and meditation get deep into your life and start to appreciate yourself get to a point of apprehension with yourself and focus on the moment worry not much about tomorrow
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Goldenjunior)
    Hey guys I am kind of confused I am at the university studying Civil engineering but I feel there is nothing worth living for in my life and I see no reason to go on i don't even feel the need to study anymore what's wrong with me?
    That's the sort of mind set you can get with depression. It's a very difficult feeling to deal with, but you don't have to do it alone and there is support available.
    Here's a link to some info on depression and I'll mention a couple of the ways you can access support. You don't have to have depression for this sort of info and advice to be helpful so do check it out even if you're not sure you're actually depressed. Depression is just one of the main things that causes this type of feeling so it's easy to get advice that way.
    https://www.mind.org.uk/information-.../#.Woa9--fLhPY

One of the best types of support available is talking therapy (and counselling). This sort of feeling ties in with negative thought patterns and therapy is a great way to work out what those are and work on them. You can access it a couple of ways including by talking to your GP about services in your area or by talking to your school/ college/ uni about the services they have.
    You can also check out some info and advice on sites like mind.org. A lot of it is things like lifestyle changes which may not be a huge help by themselves and not all of it will be the right fit for everybody, but it's good stuff to bare in mind and as a combined approach can be quite effective.

Hope that helps a bit. I'm also going to move this post over to the Mental Health section where it'll hopefully attract some more god attention and responses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.