Turn on thread page Beta

I am having a very confusing time with references ASPA watch

ReputationRep:
    I am writing my EPQ references list and I want to use the numbers as subscript in a sentence to refer the reader to the endnote where all the journal are. I don't know which style this will be. Is it Harvard style, APA, Vancouver,etc....?

Please help ASAP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Supermac)
    I am writing my EPQ references list and I want to use the numbers as subscript in a sentence to refer the reader to the endnote where all the journal are. I don't know which style this will be. Is it Harvard style, APA, Vancouver,etc....?

Please help ASAP
    Hey, so I got 100% in my EPQ without referencing properly lol, so I wouldn't worry too much about doing it professionally. However, if you want to, I have some advice:
    - Do superscript, not subscript, it's entirely up to you whether you want to put the numbers in brackets or not
    - In terms of which type of referencing, it really doesn't matter, when you get to university, the uni will have a preferred style they want you to use (at my uni, it's vancouver). Just choose one and stick to it, I like vancouver personally, I think it looks the best.
    - Put references in order, so don't put reference 2 before reference 1 in the text for example
    - There is software on microsoft word called refworks, which really helps when referencing, it essentially references for you and allows you to add and remove citations-in-text without you having to change the whole reference list. I didn't use this for my EPQ but I do at uni. It takes time to set up so it might be simpler to just stick to referencing manually.

If you want, I can send you my EPQ essay and some uni work I've done to give you an idea on what referencing should look like.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying. Yes, if you could send me an example of referencing that would be very good.

I liked the way they use superscript in wikipedia for references because its so much easier to put it to the text without it messing up the meaning of the sentence so I wanted to do it like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Supermac)
    Thanks for replying. Yes, if you could send me an example of referencing that would be very good.

I liked the way they use superscript in wikipedia for references because its so much easier to put it to the text without it messing up the meaning of the sentence so I wanted to do it like that.
    Okay, message me an email or something and I'll send 'em to you

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.