Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody,

Studying BIT and am coming to the end of my placement year as a software developer in JS. I was just wondering instead of getting a part time job in retail next year when im back at uni is there any part time roles that exist that could provide valuable exoerience for somebody wanting to go into a career in IT. Doesnt necessarily need to be programming as im still open to my career being in a less technical role.

Thanks
    Niall
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by NiallMcK1996)
    Hi everybody,

Studying BIT and am coming to the end of my placement year as a software developer in JS. I was just wondering instead of getting a part time job in retail next year when im back at uni is there any part time roles that exist that could provide valuable exoerience for somebody wanting to go into a career in IT. Doesnt necessarily need to be programming as im still open to my career being in a less technical role.

Thanks
    Niall
    If it doesn't have to be directly related to programming, you could just ask local companies if you could do some admin/IT related work for them, either as 'work experience' or an ad-hoc basis, perhaps if they need something creating for an upcoming event or to maintain something for a while.

Even if they can't offer you anything, they may know someone who could help

There's also the potential of freelancing but this might be more difficult to guarantee an income and find clients willing to take you on.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks brainzistheword,

I'll get in contact with some local companies and see if they can offer me anything. Will also look into the possibility of freelancing!

Thanks,
    Niall

(Original post by brainzistheword)
    If it doesn't have to be directly related to programming, you could just ask local companies if you could do some admin/IT related work for them, either as 'work experience' or an ad-hoc basis, perhaps if they need something creating for an upcoming event or to maintain something for a while.

Even if they can't offer you anything, they may know someone who could help

There's also the potential of freelancing but this might be more difficult to guarantee an income and find clients willing to take you on.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.