The Student Room Group

i dont know what to talk about

theres this guy i met at work. we have great banter etc. and we get on really well. i got his snapchat recently and we've been texting but i dont know what to talk about. i dont know how to keep the conversation going without it going dry. its so much easier in real life. any suggestions?
Reply 1
Ask about his interests, what he's doing at the weekend or if he has pets, etc...

Or you could arrange to meet up over the weekend too.
Yeah I think meeting up is the best thing to do. Some people just aren't very good texters but then in real life they're really easy to talk to and the conversation just flows.
I find that when you're stressing about what to talk about it makes everything so much more difficult. So when you aren't worrying, you think of things much more easily.

Sometimes when I'm drunk I am very good at conversation. Just last week I was chatting to this girl in the club just having a good conversation and things were going well. I probably would never have approached her and sparked a conversation just like that if I was sober. Because I didn't really care/mind when the alcohol had taken effect.

Probably a bad analogy but you get my point. Just try to let your guard down a little and talk freely :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Ask about his interests, what he's doing at the weekend or if he has pets, etc...

Or you could arrange to meet up over the weekend too.

Original post by juliette.vo
Yeah I think meeting up is the best thing to do. Some people just aren't very good texters but then in real life they're really easy to talk to and the conversation just flows.

Original post by jordon1703
I find that when you're stressing about what to talk about it makes everything so much more difficult. So when you aren't worrying, you think of things much more easily.

Sometimes when I'm drunk I am very good at conversation. Just last week I was chatting to this girl in the club just having a good conversation and things were going well. I probably would never have approached her and sparked a conversation just like that if I was sober. Because I didn't really care/mind when the alcohol had taken effect.

Probably a bad analogy but you get my point. Just try to let your guard down a little and talk freely :smile:

thanks for the help guys, its really appreciated. basically, ive been doing those things but his replies are blunt so i cant help feel that he doent want to talk to me. also i feel like i initiate the conversation and try to keep it flowing. i feel like he doesnt try, but this isnt the case in real life?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
thanks for the help guys, its really appreciated. basically, ive been doing those things but his replies are blunt so i cant help feel that he doent want to talk to me. also i feel like i initiate the conversation and try to keep it flowing. i feel like he doesnt try, but this isnt the case in real life?

Texting chemistry is different to real life chemistry so your best bet is to test the latter and see where that takes you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending