Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    Well then you don't understand Asperger's.
    Why wouldn't I take it literally.
    You have to put (!) to show that you're being sarcastic.
    Also, Gothic Kitten, this thread is harmless but some users have decided to not be humble about it and make it about race. It isn't about race. It is about the African continent.
    Unfortunately this secret (!) Aspergers sarcasm rule isn’t common practice, and people don’t use it, so expecting people to do something they don’t know about isn’t going to work in your favour...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mundosinfin)
    They don't. White culture isn't a thing, however cultures that are considered majority white (e.g. Irish, Celtic, Italian etc) exist. That'd be like saying all whites are the same. There are many diverse European cultures which are white (to a certain standard) so that's what your 'SJWs' mean when they say that. This thread isn't about 'black culture', it's about culture groups in Africa. In the same way you can be proud of your culture if you're white.
    Again, people not understanding humour/satire/sarcasm. :banghead:

Also there’s a difference in saying “white people don’t have culture” and “there isn’t a singular white culture”.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Again, people not understanding humour/satire/sarcasm. :banghead:

Also there’s a difference in saying “white people don’t have culture” and “there isn’t a singular white culture”.
    I didn't see any humour there - if it was intended it wasn't very funny lol
    No, you're just taking it the wrong way.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to go very badly very quickly....
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    Yep :lol: But hey, at least this thread is positive and isn't as controversial..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I love Morgan Freeman!

Spoiler:
    Show

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I love Morgan Freeman!

Spoiler:
    Show

Go make an American Appreciation thread. Then.

ReputationRep:
    I made a great thread about Somalis which I've lost! Fml

ReputationRep:
    That’s an issue with your interpretation skills, not my problem.

I’m sorry, I didn’t know you knew every conversation i’ve had and witnessed so you’re able to judge that I took something the wrong way? Wow.
    I think it says more about people that they would waste their time trolling and making jokes and flippant comments on a thread that is of little interest and ‘relevance’ to them.

Bloody losers. Problem with our Society today people have got nothing better to do and are so uncultured, so instead have a lot of time to go around making noise at other groups.

They do say the empty vessel makes the most noise.

ReputationRep:
    OP. Not in this thread though
    ok but why do you guys have to talk about it in this thread. She’s proud of being african and shes not obsessed with race for your info. And if that was a joke, its not a very funny one.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    ok but why do you guys have to talk about it in this thread. She’s proud of being african and shes not obsessed with race for your info. And if that was a joke, its not a very funny one.
    Literally 80% of her posts mention white people, black people, asian people, jewish people:laugh:

But yeah didn’t mean to offend anyone. I apologise if did so.

ReputationRep:
    Literally 80% of her posts mention white people, black people, asian people, jewish people:laugh:

But yeah didn’t mean to offend anyone. I apologise if did so.
    Just like so many people here but i dont see yall going off on them like you are to her.

Course

ReputationRep:
    Daaaamn, who hurt you?
    Just keeping it real.

ReputationRep:
    My fave African is Sadio Mane.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Well, it’s not the same because OP reported me yesterday for “being racist” when I didn’t say anything racist. Yet she went on to say only white people can be racists and if she had the chance she’d punish racism and white supremacists by the death penalty. Which in turn makes her just as bad as them.
    Lmao whats wrong with saying that white supremacists should be punished? Theyre scum. All i can see is a girl whos proud of being african and is interested about the history in race which is great for a 15 yr old. Shes not as bad them. If you guys are offended by that then it has nothing to do with her.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't the OP's fault for creating the thread alone, but every thread about race, even ones not meant to evoke debate, always ends in a heated argument lol

ReputationRep:
    Why not throw a TSR African themed party?

(Original post by UWS)
    This sums up my view on this thread

ReputationRep:
    How can you have a thread celebrating African achievement without mentioning Elon Musk?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.