Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I have been looking into the different accommodations available with the uni and have come to like the look of Limes court and Percy's lane.
    I was wondering what you thought of the accommodations? As I am struggling to decide.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm a current year YSJ student, let me know if I can help
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Limes Court is so much cheaper than Percys Lane you will be around £1000 better. Go for standard rooms too. The standard rooms are big enough they are even bigger than my bedroom at home. The only negative is that you don't get an en-suite but the reality is you will only be sharing with 1 other
    person if you are downstairs and if you are upstairs you will share with 2 others.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows when we will be able to book the accommodation at York st john as I was told that I would receive a letter this month and I know its not the end of the month but I haven't heard anything?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by O_nassau)
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows when we will be able to book the accommodation at York st john as I was told that I would receive a letter this month and I know its not the end of the month but I haven't heard anything?
    Hey! If you have received an offer from us, you should have received an email about how to apply for your accommodation. If you can't find it in your inbox or spam folders, you can email [email protected] and we will check for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophhFrog)
    Hello, what year are you in? Course? And what accommodation have you chosen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatthewDogelio)
    Hello, what year are you in? Course? And what accommodation have you chosen?
    Hi, I'm a current Third year student studying English Literature. I lived in Student castle first year, student house second year and now I'm in private rented accommodation

ReputationRep:
    Hey can iIjust ask so when you apply for accommodation do you most likely get your first choice ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietroses23)
    Hey can iIjust ask so when you apply for accommodation do you most likely get your first choice ????
    All my friends got their first choices. Though it is worth saying that en suite accommodations are the most popular.
    Most people even if they end up being allocated their second choice will end up getting their first choice in the end. This is because people change minds on what uni they want to go to, some people don't make their offers so they cannot go to the uni and people drop out etc.

I would worry about not getting your preferred choice.

Where are you looking at ?

ReputationRep:

1. Hiya, I was looking through accommodation preferences and have ticked non drinking but was wondering if to add 'quiet'? Is it a normal level or is it really strict within the day? I am sociable, (I've put the communal room down) but don't like to drink/be woken up late at night. I sometimes like to sing in my room in day- would this be okay in a 'quiet' flat?

Any advice appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella Lilly)
    1. Hiya, I was looking through accommodation preferences and have ticked non drinking but was wondering if to add 'quiet'? Is it a normal level or is it really strict within the day? I am sociable, (I've put the communal room down) but don't like to drink/be woken up late at night. I sometimes like to sing in my room in day- would this be okay in a 'quiet' flat?

Any advice appreciated!
    Hey, I'm not sure about the quiet level thing as I didn't go for that, but I'm guessing already that your accommodation will be quieter cause you ticked non drinking. I lived with people that were quite noisy in first year as they were all drinkers and didn't realise how loud they were being when they'd come in at 4am.

I don't know if it has changed now, but when I went on an open day years ago, they told me that quiet accommodation would most likely have some older students- perhaps postgrads or people who like to keep themselves to themselves.

I think you'll be fine as you are, but you never know until you move in.

If you're still worried, I would email accommodation and ask them to explain more about the quiet preference.

Sorry I can't help anymore. Best of luck with it all!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm not sure about the quiet level thing as I didn't go for that, but I'm guessing already that your accommodation will be quieter cause you ticked non drinking. I lived with people that were quite noisy in first year as they were all drinkers and didn't realise how loud they were being when they'd come in at 4am.

I don't know if it has changed now, but when I went on an open day years ago, they told me that quiet accommodation would most likely have some older students- perhaps postgrads or people who like to keep themselves to themselves.

I think you'll be fine as you are, but you never know until you move in.

If you're still worried, I would email accommodation and ask them to explain more about the quiet preference.

Sorry I can't help anymore. Best of luck with it all!
    Thank you so much, that's a big help!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, that's a big help!
    I hope so! Hope everything is going well.
    I'm in my last few weeks at YSJ and I'm going to miss it so much. I'm sure you'll love your time there

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! Hope everything is going well.
    I'm in my last few weeks at YSJ and I'm going to miss it so much. I'm sure you'll love your time there
    Aw it must be sad to leave but really excited at the same time- what course are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Aw it must be sad to leave but really excited at the same time- what course are you studying?
    It's exciting to think I'll finally get the degree I've been working for. I feel ready to leave but not at the same time!

I'm studying English literature. What are you hoping to study ?

ReputationRep:
    It's exciting to think I'll finally get the degree I've been working for. I feel ready to leave but not at the same time!

I'm studying English literature. What are you hoping to study ?
    Ah awesome, yeah I can imagine it would be quite scary after all those years of education! I'm going to study graphic design 😊

ReputationRep:
    Ah awesome, yeah I can imagine it would be quite scary after all those years of education! I'm going to study graphic design 😊
    Wow that sounds interesting. I wanted to study graphic design when I was younger at school, but the class was full and I never got a chance :/
    Yeah it's scary but exciting
    I'm thinking of applying for a masters but I'm unsure if I want a break 😊

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. York St John University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. York St John University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.