Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the most expensive food/drink that's been stolen in your student accommodation?

And did you ever catch the dastardly thief? :ninja:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    ...in your student accommodation?

Someone stole my mate's orange juice, never worked out who

ReputationRep:
    Didn't live in halls, but I did find my housemate had taken a very expensive bottle of wine from my room I'd just been given as a gift and drunk it all in one sitting. And not a £30 waitrose wine either - more along the lines of a "save this wine for a special occasion" wine.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    Opened or unopened? Never steal anything that could have been drunk from the bottle. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Stealing didn't happen.

That said, a flatmate selfishly filled one of our fridges up with a melon and left it there for weeks. So I threw it out the kitchen window (from the 6th floor), and it landed on the security hut outside our halls. She asked me and others where it went, and 3 days later realised it went for a tumble. No one could reach it, so it was visibly splatted and laid rotten there for about 2 months. Didn't really think it through.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a pack of twelve mini milk ice creams. My flatmates threw a party while I was out for the night. I had two left the next morning.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    I bought a pack of twelve mini milk ice creams. My flatmates threw a party while I was out for the night. I had two left the next morning.
    I feel your pain. I had an entire unopened tub of Ben and Jerry's stolen from my freezer drawer. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    My flat are generally pretty good, other than the occasional bit of milk etc.

Other than that, once bought a bottle of vodka to give to a friend as part of a birthday present. It was a reasonably nice bottle as well, probably cost me £25 (which is a fortune on my tiny student budget). Never had issues with my flatmates or things going missing, plus they're not really the huge party type so figured it would be okay in my cupboard overnight and went out for the evening. Came back to find that they'd decided to have pres in our kitchen and helped themselves to the vodka, drinking around a third of it. Couldn't give it as a gift anymore and I don't drink (much) so it was no use to me. Worst bit was a few days later - I'd moved the bottle into my room when one of my flatmates starts asking round about where the vodka from the kitchen has gone, as if it was theirs' in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Had people sneak a few things but anything likely to get stolen is kept in my room
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Some idiot stole my cider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Stealing didn't happen.

That said, a flatmate selfishly filled one of our fridges up with a melon and left it there for weeks. So I threw it out the kitchen window (from the 6th floor), and it landed on the security hut outside our halls. She asked me and others where it went, and 3 days later realised it went for a tumble. No one could reach it, so it was visibly splatted and laid rotten there for about 2 months. Didn't really think it through.
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sint)
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    We needed the space in the fridge! I am not the unreasonable one in this scenario.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    We needed the space in the fridge! I am not the unreasonable one in this scenario.
    Haha, yeah fair enough I guess. That's pretty amusing.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Opened or unopened? Never steal anything that could have been drunk from the bottle. :ninja:
    Opened, they drunk significant amounts of it and then left it there, including opening unopened ones...

:iiam:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    What is the most expensive food/drink that's been stolen in your student accommodation?

I'm convinced someone took a cheeky slice out of my homemade apple crumble...

ReputationRep:
    One of my pans got stolen, and some orange juice (I now keep my orange juice in my room).

Pretty sure they stole some of my spinach once.

Everything that's not meant to be kept in a fridge or freezer I keep in my room. Might get a mini fridge for next year to keep in my room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    Did you report to the police?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owz5)
    One of my pans got stolen, and some orange juice (I now keep my orange juice in my room).

Pretty sure they stole some of my spinach once.

Everything that's not meant to be kept in a fridge or freezer I keep in my room. Might get a mini fridge for next year to keep in my room.
    Did you report to the police?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    One of my friends had all of her cutlery stolen and her plates. She just has plastic Tupperware now for eating in.

I don't trust my flatmates at all. Never did from the start - had a lot of negativity so I kept all of my stuff in my room. I don't buy anything that needs a fridge as I'm part catered.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.