Turn on thread page Beta

RAF Logistics Mover? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have applied for the role on mover, and was wondering if anyone on here could help give me some more information about the role.
    Obviously i have done alot of research, but there isnt an awful lot about the mover role, not that i can find anyway. It would be a great help to hear from anyone who has done the role also.

Been offered quite a few roles and want to make sure choosing mover is the right choice.

A few questions i have are:

-Do RAF Movers ever do air dispatches?

-Do you get any choice in your postings?

-Do you have oppurtunity to work with JHSU?

-What is a typical day of a mover, what do you do in the role? And is it a good trade?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AST878)
    No, they don't have anything to do with Air Despatch. All the loading is done by the Aircrew and 47AD Royal Logistic Corp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    No, they don't have anything to do with Air Despatch. All the loading is done by the Aircrew and 47AD Royal Logistic Corp.
    Oh right okay thanks for replying. I was torn between applying for Army air dispatcher and RAF Mover, ive since gone for RAF Mover but was hoping they may of helped out/done air dispatches too, as its something that looks really interesting and fun to do.

Just want a trade where im not sat behind a desk, something active, interesting, exciting and im hoping the role of RAF Mover will give me this

ReputationRep:
    Oh right okay thanks for replying. I was torn between applying for Army air dispatcher and RAF Mover, ive since gone for RAF Mover but was hoping they may of helped out/done air dispatches too, as its something that looks really interesting and fun to do.

Just want a trade where im not sat behind a desk, something active, interesting, exciting and im hoping the role of RAF Mover will give me this
    Movers travel all over the world both as teams with RAF Air Transport aircraft and also manning the movements sections at Britmil stations everywhere. You won't be short of places to go! You just don't do anything to do with Tactical Air Transport.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have applied for the role on mover, and was wondering if anyone on here could help give me some more information about the role.
    Obviously i have done alot of research, but there isnt an awful lot about the mover role, not that i can find anyway. It would be a great help to hear from anyone who has done the role also.

Been offered quite a few roles and want to make sure choosing mover is the right choice.

A few questions i have are:

-Do you get any choice in your postings?

-Do you have oppurtunity to work with JHSU?

-What is a typical day of a mover, what do you do in the role? And is it a good trade?

Thanks in advance.
    What happened with your first application in a July 2017?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.