ojablitt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm half way through my first years at a level, I picked Biology, PE and English lit. However I regret this choice as now I'd really like to pursue a career in veterinary science and become a vet, but it seems all the courses require chemistry at a level , I got a B at it in gcse but didn't think I needed it when I was picking my a levels, any one got any help to whether or not any courses offer veterinary without chem.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ojablitt)
I'm half way through my first years at a level, I picked Biology, PE and English lit. However I regret this choice as now I'd really like to pursue a career in veterinary science and become a vet, but it seems all the courses require chemistry at a level , I got a B at it in gcse but didn't think I needed it when I was picking my a levels, any one got any help to whether or not any courses offer veterinary without chem.
Moved to the vet med forum which you may want to check out. You will have to look through each unis websites.
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
cant u take a-level chemistry as a private candidate
animalmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think Liverpool insist on chemistry but they do want biology and another academic science so that doesn't really help you.

You would therefore need to look at Nottingham who ask for AA with a maximum of only one out of chemistry and biology for their 6 year course (vet med with a preliminary year).

However, that only gives you one course you can apply for and so if you weren't successful at getting a place on that you might need to do chemistry after you have left school.

(Original post by ojablitt)
ojablitt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by animalmagic)
I don't think Liverpool insist on chemistry but they do want biology and another academic science so that doesn't really help you.

You would therefore need to look at Nottingham who ask for AA with a maximum of only one out of chemistry and biology for their 6 year course (vet med with a preliminary year).

However, that only gives you one course you can apply for and so if you weren't successful at getting a place on that you might need to do chemistry after you have left school.
Thanks I've had a quick research on the Nottingham course, looks ideal but looks very competitive, might have to go for it though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads