The Student Room Group

Working at McDonald's

I'd like to ask anyone who's worked at McDonald's as a a part-time job what's it like? How many hours do you typically get in a week? Could anyone elaborate on the meal allowance? And am I right in saying it's £5.75 an hour for 16 year olds?
Havent worked there but apparently its quite lit
Reply 2
My mcds is great fun and I love the people the work is hard tho and managers very rude at times. Very unprofessional too although that makes it better at times. At my restaurant we used to have food limits but now we can eat whatever we want no limits we can even take food home after. You don’t get paid enough for the work you do and it gets very exhausting. I do around 16 hours a week over 2 8 hour shifts.
Reply 3
Original post by KarolGB
My mcds is great fun and I love the people the work is hard tho and managers very rude at times. Very unprofessional too although that makes it better at times. At my restaurant we used to have food limits but now we can eat whatever we want no limits we can even take food home after. You don’t get paid enough for the work you do and it gets very exhausting. I do around 16 hours a week over 2 8 hour shifts.

No limits sound awesome! Are your two shifts always on the same day and time or do they change every week and so? How flexible are the working hours?
Reply 4
The days stay the same the times change by about an hour each week. It’s also very easy to pick up extra shifts or get rid of yours if you can’t do them for whatever reasons.
Original post by Anushan13
I'd like to ask anyone who's worked at McDonald's as a a part-time job what's it like? How many hours do you typically get in a week? Could anyone elaborate on the meal allowance? And am I right in saying it's £5.75 an hour for 16 year olds?

What its like to work there can vary from store to store, but the people working there are usually great and theres usually a mixture of people of all ages and backgrounds.
The amount of hours you get depends on your availability and the store you work at. You can do as many or as little hours as you like and they will work with your availability.
The meal allowance varies by store. At the store i worked at for 9 years, the meal allowance was a large meal and a desert. It was the same at all the others owned by the same franchise. But different stores (different franchises and company owned) have their own allowances. Best to ask your store on that one.
And the pay can vary between different franchises and company owned as well, so id check with your individual store.
Reply 6
Original post by Emma:-)
What its like to work there can vary from store to store, but the people working there are usually great and theres usually a mixture of people of all ages and backgrounds.
The amount of hours you get depends on your availability and the store you work at. You can do as many or as little hours as you like and they will work with your availability.
The meal allowance varies by store. At the store i worked at for 9 years, the meal allowance was a large meal and a desert. It was the same at all the others owned by the same franchise. But different stores (different franchises and company owned) have their own allowances. Best to ask your store on that one.
And the pay can vary between different franchises and company owned as well, so id check with your individual store.

Thank you so much helps a lot
Original post by Anushan13

I worked in McDonald for almost 6 months and i hated it, it not worth the pay the free food or the time work somewhere else trust me.
Original post by KarolGB

which McDonald do you work at because the one i used to work at we didn't get no unlimited food a manager checked what you took and taking food home would get you fired. you're sooooo right about the managers being rude, and it being unprofessional.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending