Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dddff

ReputationRep:
    Have you been diagnosed with OCD and anxiety? How severe is your anxiety and OCD? You do sound like you’re depressed and your self harming isn’t going to help anything. Even if someone did see it - they’re not trained psychologists/psychotherapists. What you need to do is go to the doctors and tell them everything, you should also seek therapy as you definitely need help. Harming your body is not going to stop your hurting.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I understand where you're coming from. I'm there to. I know it's difficult, and is very scary, but you need to tell someone. even if they can't help, just spreading that weight can help so much. Hurting yourself may seem like a good way to manifest this pain physically but it will not help your mental health in the slightest. I know that we like to think we can help ourselves but sometimes that is impossible. For your own health and safety I advise you to speak to anyone. If you don't feel like you could say it, write it down and give it to someone. Keep your heady up buddy. You can do this. God Bless you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Im sorry but can you expand what you mean? I dont entirely understand your situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandraxoxx)
    I need to be completely honest with myself with this and I need honest opinions no silly comments or nasty comments just pure help. I'm 20 a student and am struggling with a few mental health issues(well I think I am). I know this sounds strange to say but I self harm I burn myself or don't eat to harm myself. But I want people to see it I want people to know I'm not ok but they when people start to worry I panic and lie say I'm fine. But secretly I want someone to know. I struggle with OCD and very strong anxiety but I feel like there is something wrong but I can't figure it out. I have manic moments lasting a couple of hours, where I will be almost another person. I will be talking depressing things but be very restless, very chatty, very nasty just another person. I'm a bit of a mess really. I really want someone to talk to but everything I get through to a service I get to nervous to go. I have very low self esteem I couldn't even name one thing that I like about myself and even feel embarrassed of walking in the street. If I make any sort of mistake say any wrong i feel like such a failure. I feel worthless, have no goals no interest in anything. I feel empty. I always go home from university around 2 hours in as I just become so low so quickly I just snap and then am in a downer that I can't come out of for a few hours.
    Speak to your GP. Although TSR is a very friendly and welcoming community, there's very little we could do (unfortunately) other than give you long winded pep-talks which are all clichés anyway. Sometimes, there are very insensitive people too, who don't help at all. I know this because in my older TSR accounts, I used to do the same thing and I never used to get any responses either.

The best advice I can give is to have faith in yourself, focus on your mental and physical wellbeing, then prioritise on your work. Counselling is very effective and it worked for me, because I used to have the same problems.

Best of luck.

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Im sorry but can you expand what you mean? I dont entirely understand your situation

I need to be completely honest with myself with this and I need honest opinions no silly comments or nasty comments just pure help. I'm 20 a student and am struggling with a few mental health issues(well I think I am). I know this sounds strange to say but I self harm I burn myself or don't eat to harm myself. But I want people to see it I want people to know I'm not ok but they when people start to worry I panic and lie say I'm fine. But secretly I want someone to know. I struggle with OCD and very strong anxiety but I feel like there is something wrong but I can't figure it out. I have manic moments lasting a couple of hours, where I will be almost another person. I will be talking depressing things but be very restless, very chatty, very nasty just another person. I'm a bit of a mess really. I really want someone to talk to but everything I get through to a service I get to nervous to go. I have very low self esteem I couldn't even name one thing that I like about myself and even feel embarrassed of walking in the street. If I make any sort of mistake say any wrong i feel like such a failure. I feel worthless, have no goals no interest in anything. I feel empty. I always go home from university around 2 hours in as I just become so low so quickly I just snap and then am in a downer that I can't come out of for a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kushala Daora)
    Oh okay, thank you (I didnt see that post)

OP, you need help, like find anyone to speak to bcuz you are suffering in a way that could be a very negative impact to you, if you have no- one to speak to, try booking a appointment with the GP and explain your situation, they can defo help and possibly get you some help and provide pills. Or if you dont feel comfortable speaking to someone physically, then you can get plenty of help from TSR, users who will help you or even those who are going through something similar to you. Plz try to get some help, in any way that you can xx

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.