Turn on thread page Beta

Backlash for wanting Burger over cultural foods. watch

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the times when I go out to eat with family or friends, they often opt for cultural asian/ african/ latino food. However some of the times, I just want a good old burger and chips for comfort rather than exploration. That is often instantly met with backlash, as they call me stupid or un-explorative when I just want to eat something I know I will like.

What do you think? Does this happen to you?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    What have you got to lose exactly? Try something you've not had before, you might like it, you might not. You can always get more food later if it turns out to be so bad you literally can't eat it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nio.m)
    A lot of the times when I go out to eat with family or friends, they often opt for cultural asian/ african/ latino food. However some of the times, I just want a good old burger and chips for comfort rather than exploration. That is often instantly met with backlash, as they call me stupid or un-explorative when I just want to eat something I know I will like.

What do you think? Does this happen to you?
    When it happens ask them if they would rather you order something and not eat it because you don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    +1, sometimes the chicken and chips will do thx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I mena, its your preference and obviously having the same thing everyday can get boring, so you shouldnt be getting negative reactions like that

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.