The Student Room Group

JOBS.

If anyone has or had a job where would you recommended working? What is the pay like?
I want to get a job after A-Levels (so starting in July) but I will still be 17 (I turn 18 in august). Does anyone know where I can apply for a good paying job?
Original post by laila_a1
If anyone has or had a job where would you recommended working? What is the pay like?
I want to get a job after A-Levels (so starting in July) but I will still be 17 (I turn 18 in august). Does anyone know where I can apply for a good paying job?

Is there any particular role or sector you're looking for, or just work in general? :smile:
Original post by shadowdweller
Is there any particular role or sector you're looking for, or just work in general? :smile:

I agree.
If we know what sort of area of work you are after, we can point you in the right direction.
Reply 3
Work in general
Do you have any work experience? Also what are you studying, and what kind of grades are you predicted?

I wouldn't expect a good paying job just after you finished school. It normally takes time as you build up your skills and experience.

Jobs like retail and waitressing aren't that well paid, usually minimum wage. The work is easy to pick up and it will test your customer service skills at times! With waitressing, sometimes you can boost your income with tips. Retail jobs also give you commission or bonuses if you perform well according to store targets.

Some companies offer School and College Leaver schemes, where they take you on and train you, like PWC (https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/school-jobs.html). This opens the doors for a well paid and long career. Have a research on the internet, or you could also contact local companies that you are interested in to see if they could take you on.

Original post by laila_a1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending