Turn on thread page Beta

Can I still get all A’s and A*’s if I start revising now? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HettiBetti)
    Well, I am taking my real exams in 2018 May-July. Good luck with yours
    Thanks! You too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Somtochi)
    My brother got all B's and C's last year in his mocks and after february half term he didn't stop revising. He revised 3-6 hours on school nighs and 6-14 hours on weekends every single day. By the time exam came around he wasn't even stressed, because he was so confident he knew everything. He came out with 6 A*'s and 3 9's. With GCSE it's very possible to do well if you start now. Not so much with A level, so don't make the same mistake then and start from day 1! Good-Luck man!
    Not directed to me, but that's actually inspiring

ReputationRep:
    Can I fly if I start learning to fly now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    Not directed to me, but that's actually inspiring
    Yeh man ahah Watching him was inspiring and eye opening for me and i made sure not to make the same mistake he did. Work hard now, so you don't have to work so hard later and instead, reep the reward in full. Good luck to you dude

P.s you probably won't have to do that much work to achieve similar results, because he over did it in my opinion lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing quite similar to you and i think it's deffo possible - with a bit of hard work of course. These are the grades i got in my last set of mocks.
    Maths - 7
    Eng lang -6 (2 marks off a 7)
    Eng lit - 5
    Science trilogy 5-5
    Computer science - 4
    Spanish - 6
    Business - B
    I'm starting revision soon, stay in contact and we can track each others progress to keep us motivated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kushala Daora)
    I got an 8 in maths last year and I thought I'd get a 6.

I did this by repetitively doing practice questions.

Go to mathsgenie and physicsandmathstutor. These websites are full of questions, keep at it until you can do them in your sleep. Good luck.
    Wow well done!! Are you doing A levels now?

ReputationRep:
    Truee
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    It is possible but stop going on TSR and asking that, when you could be actually doing it
    Hahaha! Certainly true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitterunicorn78)
    Hello everyone.
    Since half term is almost over and GCSEs are 3 months away from now, do you think there is still time to revise every subject thoroughly? So a little background information, the subjects that I currently take are, the core subjects English Lang, English lit, maths and science (double award, but I still study all three sciences within the course). For my options I chose History, Geography, Religious Studies and Drama. For the last mocks that I did a couple of months ago, I hardly revised for any of them and got grades that I wasn’t particularly happy with. For each subject, I got the following.
    Eng Lang - 6
    Eng lit- 5
    Maths- 5
    Science- 5
    History- 8
    Geography-4
    Drama-3 (missed out a whole section of the exam and didn’t submit most of my coursework)
    RS-3 (only 2 people in the year passed, the teacher isn’t a very good marker and also the grade boundaries that my school uses are ridiculously high even though we’re the first year to sit the new exams).
    Do you think with a lot of revision over the next few months, I can get all 7s, 8s and 9s? Thanks.
    You can but you need to work hard. Work on your weak areas and a study timetable can also really help. Idk if you already know this but getrevising (part of student room) offers quite a good template study timetable.

ReputationRep:
    Pick four key areas and focus on those. I reccomend Maths, English, Science and one other.

ReputationRep:
    lolz this is stressing me out bye

ReputationRep:
    I can help with maths if anyone needs

ReputationRep:
    Speaking from my Year 10 exams (we have to sit half of our GCSE exams a year early in my school), I didn’t start properly revising until two months to go, and I got all A*s, so it’s definitely possible. Of course Year 11 will be slightly harder, but hat extra month will be more than enough off you work hard.

ReputationRep:
    You're gonna have to do a hell of a lot of work. You need to find a good revision strategy FAST but you can certainly do it if you try hard.

ReputationRep:
    I bloody hope so.

ReputationRep:
    I am taking my GCSE this year best of luck for others that are going to do higher tier maths this year

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.
    Since half term is almost over and GCSEs are 3 months away from now, do you think there is still time to revise every subject thoroughly? So a little background information, the subjects that I currently take are, the core subjects English Lang, English lit, maths and science (double award, but I still study all three sciences within the course). For my options I chose History, Geography, Religious Studies and Drama. For the last mocks that I did a couple of months ago, I hardly revised for any of them and got grades that I wasn’t particularly happy with. For each subject, I got the following.
    Eng Lang - 6
    Eng lit- 5
    Maths- 5
    Science- 5
    History- 8
    Geography-4
    Drama-3 (missed out a whole section of the exam and didn’t submit most of my coursework)
    RS-3 (only 2 people in the year passed, the teacher isn’t a very good marker and also the grade boundaries that my school uses are ridiculously high even though we’re the first year to sit the new exams).
    Do you think with a lot of revision over the next few months, I can get all 7s, 8s and 9s? Thanks.
    if you dedicate time and effort yes I am one of those who believe that anything and everything is possible

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.
    Eng Lang - 6
    Eng lit- 5
    Maths- 5
    Science- 5
    History- 8
    Geography-4
    Yep you can I got 11 and I started revising later than this

ReputationRep:
    Lool we take the exact same subjects

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to worry about cuz i only start studying for my exams at this time
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.