Turn on thread page Beta

Can I still get all A’s and A*’s if I start revising now? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitterunicorn78)
    Hello everyone.
    Since half term is almost over and GCSEs are 3 months away from now, do you think there is still time to revise every subject thoroughly? So a little background information, the subjects that I currently take are, the core subjects English Lang, English lit, maths and science (double award, but I still study all three sciences within the course). For my options I chose History, Geography, Religious Studies and Drama. For the last mocks that I did a couple of months ago, I hardly revised for any of them and got grades that I wasn’t particularly happy with. For each subject, I got the following.
    Eng Lang - 6
    Eng lit- 5
    Maths- 5
    Science- 5
    History- 8
    Geography-4
    Drama-3 (missed out a whole section of the exam and didn’t submit most of my coursework)
    RS-3 (only 2 people in the year passed, the teacher isn’t a very good marker and also the grade boundaries that my school uses are ridiculously high even though we’re the first year to sit the new exams).
    Do you think with a lot of revision over the next few months, I can get all 7s, 8s and 9s? Thanks.
    Yes of course!!! I'm also studying GCSE History and aiming for A*/A! What study skills will you use?

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to be an astronaut if you start trying now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suhxrr)
    Did he revise with a timetable or did he revise as he went?
    Well he was already behind, because of lack of mock revision. He revised from when he got home to when he went to sleep and only took breaks when he needed one, every school day. He woke up as if it were a school day and revised till the evening, then relaxed. However, in the holidays he revised around 12-14 hours a day every day, taking breaks inbetween. This only went on until he was fully prepared then he just chilled till exams really, because he knew it all by then. Hope this helps!!

ReputationRep:
    100%, I failed the majority of my GCSE mocks and came out with A*'s, A's and a few B's

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! And to prove that, my maths grade turned from a 5 to a 7 in the space of two months because of doing practice questions. If I can become good at a subject that I absolutely hated before then I'm sure you can too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You can do it if you remain motivated. I can't comment on much as I only took the new style GCSEs in English lit, lang and maths but the trick with those three is practice. With maths, do some practice every day on top of your school work, whether it be one question or a whole paper you have to keep your mind engaged with problem solving. I was at a grade 5 this time last year and with practice every day I ended up with an 8, you just need to try revising an hour or two daily rather than cramming, you'll find it easier on your stress levels and on your memory.
    The best I can give right now, however, is not to panic, especially if all your friends are telling you they've done so much more revision than you. The chances are they're in the same boat as you right now. You just have to keep a level head and try as hard as you can.
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearlbaxi)
    Yes. You can do it if you remain motivated. I can't comment on much as I only took the new style GCSEs in English lit, lang and maths but the trick with those three is practice. With maths, do some practice every day on top of your school work, whether it be one question or a whole paper you have to keep your mind engaged with problem solving. I was at a grade 5 this time last year and with practice every day I ended up with an 8, you just need to try revising an hour or two daily rather than cramming, you'll find it easier on your stress levels and on your memory.
    The best I can give right now, however, is not to panic, especially if all your friends are telling you they've done so much more revision than you. The chances are they're in the same boat as you right now. You just have to keep a level head and try as hard as you can.
    Good luck x
    so its not too late to turn Cs and Bs into As and A*?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    You still can! The technique I used was 12 hours of revision (with no distractions), 4 hours of everything else(food, Facebook) and 8 hours of sleep!

Helped me get straight A’s and A*s

Keep believing in yourself!!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.