Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some people use the word virgin as an insult? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just don't get it, I don't care if someone repeatedly called me a virgin because I am a virgin but looking back at my GCSE years a lot of people went up to ask if they were a virgin and if they were a virgin they would be like "lol you are virgin, ha ha wasteman" like what? Was anyone in here ever "insulted" with the word virgin?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you're a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    shut up virgin

ReputationRep:
    some people are infantile
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It has a perception thst that virgins are saddos, losers, can't get sex etc. Bad stereotype tbf
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's just that idea that you're a loser who can't get a girl/guy - pretty sure it's worst for men. It's stupid but what do you expect from a stupid society?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a virgin and I've also decided that I don't want to ever have sex.
    There is a lot of negative connotations around being a virgin but it is your choice and you shouldn't be disrespected for making a choice which doesn't harm anybody nor does it harm yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Because their internet service is piss poor

ReputationRep:
    Only insecure people do that. I wouldn't say there's much wrong with being a virgin. On the downside you might not have much experience with the opposite gender. On the positive side you have 0% chance of STDs and unwanted pregnancies.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, some 11 year old who keeps asking to 1v1 on cod keeps calling me a virgin and tells me he had sex with my mum. I mean, I'm playing local co-op with my son, so isn't that incest and incorrect (He was born through normal sex)?

ReputationRep:
    Because they view you as a weirdo/loser/freak who can't get laid. Ignore them, nothing's wrong with being a virgin and the ones who do care enough to insult you are insecure little shits.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.