Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm an American who has been given an unconditional offer to study liberal arts at Kings College London. I would specifically love to focus on philosophy and film studies courses (I know I can only pick one). I was drawn to the program because American schools offer different subjects to study before a major is chosen. Has anyone here gone through the course at Kings or elsewhere? Also, will going through liberal arts result in me receiving a BA in liberal arts? Or in my selected major? It seems as if liberal arts isn't quite as respected, and has lower requirements than some other sections, but it looks like a great option
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by gunnarthor)
    I'm an American who has been given an unconditional offer to study liberal arts at Kings College London. I would specifically love to focus on philosophy and film studies courses (I know I can only pick one). I was drawn to the program because American schools offer different subjects to study before a major is chosen. Has anyone here gone through the course at Kings or elsewhere? Also, will going through liberal arts result in me receiving a BA in liberal arts? Or in my selected major? It seems as if liberal arts isn't quite as respected, and has lower requirements than some other sections, but it looks like a great option
    You can check with your uni what your actual degree will say. I suspect it will be what your honours is in i.e your 'major'. It's a fairly new concept so there aren't many unis doing it.

ReputationRep:
    You'd get a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunnarthor)
    hey, did you find out what the degree will be called? i have the same doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsahg)
    hey, did you find out what the degree will be called? i have the same doubt
    I didn't. I chose to attend St. Andrews, Kings was just too urban for me

ReputationRep:
    from what i understand (still waiting on offers because i applied real late), you get a degree that says "BA in Liberal Arts, Major in _______ and minor in _______."

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.