Turn on thread page Beta

Can I defer my second year of uni after completing my first year? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone.

    I'm currently about halfway through my first year of university and have just discovered that I am pregnant. Certainly not planned (contraceptive failure) but I'm pretty sure I want to keep it.

    I complete my first year of university in April. I was thinking that I could complete my first year, have my baby in October (I've guesstimated that's when it'll be due), and then return to university in September next year when my baby will be almost a year old.

    Is it at all possible to defer your second year of university? I don't want to drop out completely but don't mind pushing back my graduation date a year or two. I've looked on my uni's website but couldn't see anything about deferral.


    Of course, you can. You would just need to fill in an intermission form. At least, this is how it works in most universities.
    Just type in: "<<your university's name>> intermission form" on your browser and you should be able to find it
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.