Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone mind giving me some feedback on this prefect application?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear ____,

I am writing to apply for the role of prefect after hearing about it in assembly.

I'm interested in this position because I want to take my leadership skills to the next level. Also, I want to improve the school, especially its student voice as I feel it is important for students to be able to have an impact on the school and their learning; I think I have some valuable ideas.

A key skill that I can bring to the role is teamwork which I have developed through being in the maths STEP club where we have worked on STEP (a maths university entrance exam) questions in small groups and also practiced for the 'Team Senior Maths Challenge'. Also, STEP has required a lot of self-motivation as teaching myself some A2 content early is needed for a large amount of STEP questions.

In addition, my voluntary work at ____ library helped me better my communication skills by explaining clearly how to resolve technological issues to computer users.

My ability to work in a team, communication skills and desire to improve the school make me an ideal candidate for the role of student executive.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    My name
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would anyone mind giving me some feedback on this prefect application?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear ____,

I am writing to apply for the role of prefect after hearing about it in assembly.

I'm interested in this position because I want to take my leadership skills to the next level. Also, I want to improve the school, especially its student voice as I feel it is important for students to be able to have an impact on the school and their learning; I think I have some valuable ideas.

A key skill that I can bring to the role is teamwork which I have developed through being in the maths STEP club where we have worked on STEP (a maths university entrance exam) questions in small groups and also practiced for the 'Team Senior Maths Challenge'. Also, STEP has required a lot of self-motivation as teaching myself some A2 content early is needed for a large amount of STEP questions.

In addition, my voluntary work at ____ library helped me better my communication skills by explaining clearly how to resolve technological issues to computer users.

My ability to work in a team, communication skills and desire to improve the school make me an ideal candidate for the role of student executive.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    My name
    The basic structure is pretty spot on. You might want to make a bit more about acting as a link between staff and students - you mention acting as the student voice, but you could expand on that.

Ideally you would detail 3 skills, do you have any public speaking/debating experience, that would be a relevant skill.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.