Turn on thread page Beta

i cant get over someone!!😢 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    basically i have been on and off with this lad for round about 10 months...yesterday i ended it as we were not even close anymore and i convinced myself i didn’t like him, now i miss him, i miss him a lot!! it’s only been 2 days and i don’t think i’ve stopped thinking about him- he claimed that he still liked me yet when he was telling his friend what had happened (i asked his friend) apparently he was acting asif he wasn’t even that bothered- i have deleted all our pictures and blocked him on every social media account- we never actually fell out but i have no idea how to get over him?! someone help me i beg!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Ok so this is how you get over him
    You ask him to bend over
    You jump over his body

BOOM YOU'RE OVER HIM

Tbh, I'm currently dealing wih the same situation as yours. Moving on and getting over doesn't just happen overnight. It takes time. Let time heal you. As for now, I think you should make yourself busy, focus on your studies/career, spend more time with fanily, exercise, make daily routines. Focus on yourself and how you can be a better you. Keep yourself busy and sitracted so that you'll have less time to think about him. Meet new friends, hang out with new people or cstch up with old friends. I have to be honest though, I have been doing all these things but Im still not over him. However, it's been good so for since I think about him less often than before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 111_xoxo)
    basically i have been on and off with this lad for round about 10 months...yesterday i ended it as we were not even close anymore and i convinced myself i didn’t like him, now i miss him, i miss him a lot!! it’s only been 2 days and i don’t think i’ve stopped thinking about him- he claimed that he still liked me yet when he was telling his friend what had happened (i asked his friend) apparently he was acting asif he wasn’t even that bothered- i have deleted all our pictures and blocked him on every social media account- we never actually fell out but i have no idea how to get over him?! someone help me i beg!!
    Give it time, much like most things. 2 days isn't a long time although it may seem like it. Think of people with addictions, they have to put time and effort into getting over them and bettering themselves.

(Original post by 111_xoxo)
    Dude just f**k already.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Dude just f**k already.
    do not take this response seriously

could have written this myself. been in the exact same position. both kind of thought the other person didn't like the other one and so let it fizzle out. took me ages to get over it because there was no proper closure and it felt like it ended for no reason. looking back it was good that it ended because the reason it didn't work in the first place was because things weren't quite right. he had just come out of a relationship, i wasn't fully ready for one, we were both going off to uni soon.
    i only got over it when i got to uni and started meeting other guys.
    give it time and reconnect in a couple of weeks. see where both of you are at. if there's still something there then properly commit, don't just be on and off. if not then it's just not meant to be. will be hard to get over but it will make you a stronger person.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.