Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: it's all good everyone, ended up getting an offer to UWC Pearson and i CAN'T WAIT AHHH

hi! i applied to uwc through the gb committee for 2018 entry and just found out i got waitlisted. does anyone know how many people on the waitlist get offered places (at least in the past few years)?? and if they tend to be at atlantic college (bc ofc the gb committee has more places there), or abroad??also, roughly how long does it takes to hear back?? like around march, april, or much later?? and do you only hear back if you dO get offered a place, or if you don't as well?? thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi I feel like we’re constantly on the same student room threads haha. What do you mean by waitlisted? Does everyone get the opportunity to be put on the waiting list or only some?

ReputationRep:
    oh hi @izzywoodcock ,, in my outcome email it said “although we cant offer you a place at a uwc college at this time, if you would like to be waitlisted please email........etc” (or something along those lines) so i did. i dont know if everyone who doesnt get an offer gets that option. it basically means that if someone else doesnt accept their offer at one of my specified uwc’s, i might get offered it instead. was that in your email too?? or not?? or did you get an offer straight away????
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    yeah I got the same email with the bit in bold saying I could email if I wanted to be put on the wait list. The only thing is I think a lot of people aren’t accepting their places because the fees are too expensive so idk if I’d be able to accept that place either. Were we at the same assessment day, I recognise your name?

ReputationRep:
    izzywoodcock yeah i think the same thing,, loads of people can’t pay the fees. it’s so unfair. and yeah i think all the waitlist places will be full-paying. also idk we might have been, i was on the 15th. wbu??

ReputationRep:
    no wait sorry, got that wrong, i was on the 14th lol

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sorry for everyone who’s been offered places they can’t afford I almost think it’s worse for them than us. Yeah I was on the 15th I think we were in the same group for the bigger group activities like the games. Sounds a bit creepy but I remember thinkin you would definitely get in.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it must be such a horrible feeling to know you gOt iN but cant go rip and about the games,, ahahah thanks. what were you wearing?? i might remember

ReputationRep:
    What did you reply to the email about going on the wai list?

ReputationRep:
    i said “dear GB national committee and atlantic college admissions, thank you for your email, i just wanted to confirm that i would definitely like to be kept on the wait list, should any places at my specified uwc colleges become available. many thanks, asia pesaro”

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone on a waiting list heard anything yet? Also, has anyone applied and got onto a summer course?

ReputationRep:
    no not yet, and no bc i went on one last summer. really recommend it tho, honestly so fun

ReputationRep:
    I think I’ve been offered a place but I’m not sure if it’s definite yet

ReputationRep:
    thats great congrats!! where to?? and what do you mean not definite??

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! It’s to Atlantic College and what I mean is that the email was unclear at whether I was being offered a place or being considered for a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzywoodcock)
    Thank you! It’s to Atlantic College and what I mean is that the email was unclear at whether I was being offered a place or being considered for a place
    That's odd. Was it a recent e-mail? ie did you initially get an e-mail saying you hadn't got a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asia pesaro)
    no not yet, and no bc i went on one last summer. really recommend it tho, honestly so fun
    Thank-you for that. When did you get confirmation about the summer course last year? Not knowing is having an effect on the rest of the family and what they do over the summer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they said I didn’t get a place then a few days ago they emailed saying they were offering me a place but then asked if I wanted to be considered for the offer so I’m unsure but they said they’ll email back tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzywoodcock)
    Yeah they said I didn’t get a place then a few days ago they emailed saying they were offering me a place but then asked if I wanted to be considered for the offer so I’m unsure but they said they’ll email back tomorrow
    Oh ok! It sounds like they've sent out round 2 then....Best of luck for you! I hope you get to do what you want!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.