The Student Room Group

uwc wait list

(deleted)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi I feel like we’re constantly on the same student room threads haha. What do you mean by waitlisted? Does everyone get the opportunity to be put on the waiting list or only some?
Reply 2
yeah I got the same email with the bit in bold saying I could email if I wanted to be put on the wait list. The only thing is I think a lot of people aren’t accepting their places because the fees are too expensive so idk if I’d be able to accept that place either. Were we at the same assessment day, I recognise your name? :smile:
no wait sorry, got that wrong, i was on the 14th lol
Reply 4
I feel so sorry for everyone who’s been offered places they can’t afford I almost think it’s worse for them than us. Yeah I was on the 15th I think we were in the same group for the bigger group activities like the games. Sounds a bit creepy but I remember thinkin you would definitely get in.
Reply 5
What did you reply to the email about going on the wai list?
Reply 6
Ok thank you :smile:
Has anyone on a waiting list heard anything yet? Also, has anyone applied and got onto a summer course?
no not yet, and no bc i went on one last summer. really recommend it tho, honestly so fun
Reply 9
I think I’ve been offered a place but I’m not sure if it’s definite yet :smile:
thats great congrats!! where to?? and what do you mean not definite??
Original post by izzywoodcock
Thank you! It’s to Atlantic College and what I mean is that the email was unclear at whether I was being offered a place or being considered for a place

That's odd. Was it a recent e-mail? ie did you initially get an e-mail saying you hadn't got a place?
Original post by asia pesaro
no not yet, and no bc i went on one last summer. really recommend it tho, honestly so fun

Thank-you for that. When did you get confirmation about the summer course last year? Not knowing is having an effect on the rest of the family and what they do over the summer
Reply 13
Yeah they said I didn’t get a place then a few days ago they emailed saying they were offering me a place but then asked if I wanted to be considered for the offer so I’m unsure but they said they’ll email back tomorrow
Original post by izzywoodcock
Yeah they said I didn’t get a place then a few days ago they emailed saying they were offering me a place but then asked if I wanted to be considered for the offer so I’m unsure but they said they’ll email back tomorrow

Oh ok! It sounds like they've sent out round 2 then....Best of luck for you! I hope you get to do what you want!
Reply 15
Thank you!
@izzywoodcock yeah i just got the considering for a place email too!! also @Glenfrome i’m not sure when i heard back , ill go thru my old emails when i get home and tell u asap
@Glenfrome theres no set date for when you hear back for the summer courses but i heard back about 2months after id sent the application. its different for everyone i think- its like a rolling process
Reply 18
That’s great we’ll done! Where is it?
in the original email it said AC but i just received a follow up one saying there might also be offers for other colleges?? i guess we just have to wait lol

Quick Reply

Latest