Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am stuck between these three universities, I have never been to Bristol but I love the look of the course, Exeter I like the course but not really the environment on campus, and Birmingham is the opposite to Exeter. I want to study French, Spanish and Italian/Portuguese, so if anyone has any tips or any experience please help!!

ReputationRep:
    I would say Bristol. If you go to Exeter and like the course but don’t like the people/atmosphere etc what’s the point? You still have to live there for three years. And with Birmingham would you really be willing to study a course you aren’t passionate about and could dislike? Bristol is probably your best bet, watch videos online to try get a feel for the campus. Bristol probably also has the best reputation out of those three and I heard Exeter is really racist, something about finding neo nazi symbols in the school but that might not be accurate.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Of the 3, Exeter has the best student experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    Of the 3, Exeter has the best student experience.
    You can't just claim that simply because you went there.

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it, Bristol sounds your best bet - go check it out though before you make a decision! Bristol is a great city too. I personally live close to Exeter and the uni is decent, but it's not a lively campus in all honesty, and other than in the heart of Exeter, there's not masses to do (unless you love walking on the moors). Birmingham (as you say) has a great buzzing campus lots of activities, but this amounts to nothing the course isn't right.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=showaeski;76156286]You can't just claim that simply because you went there.[/QUOTE

Obviously. Birm has crime issues and Bristol has very serious issue with student happiness,
    So much so they had to put into place this year an emergency 1 million pound program with counselors etc.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Film;76179698]
    (Original post by showaeski)
    You can't just claim that simply because you went there.[/QUOTE

Obviously. Birm has crime issues and Bristol has very serious issue with student happiness,
    So much so they had to put into place this year an emergency 1 million pound program with counselors etc.
    Which means it will get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.SA)
    Bristol probably also has the best reputation out of those three and I heard Exeter is really racist, something about finding neo nazi symbols in the school but that might not be accurate.
    I would not say Exeter is racist. Rather, it was a lot of immature people who made immature jokes amongst their friends. This was then picked up by people outside of the friendship circle and widely published in the media. People are immature with their friends all the time; it does not make them malicious or racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    It would be silly to not choose Birmingham or Bristol for those reasons and choose somewhere like Exeter where the OP has already said they don't like the campus environment.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, but I decided to actually go for Exeter, I didn't hate the atmosphere there, I just think i got a different vibe to Birmingham. To me the course is the most important and I'm not a massive party girl anyway so the social life isn't massive!

ReputationRep:
    new question!! : should i go for italian or portuguese??? as well as spanish and french .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99lf11)
    new question!! : should i go for italian or portuguese??? as well as spanish and french .....
    Spanish would be the most practical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99lf11)
    I am stuck between these three universities, I have never been to Bristol but I love the look of the course, Exeter I like the course but not really the environment on campus, and Birmingham is the opposite to Exeter. I want to study French, Spanish and Italian/Portuguese, so if anyone has any tips or any experience please help!!
    Exeter has the highest rated course - you need to look at Bristol because the campus is not great and you might hate it.

What was it about Exeter you did not like? I've not had one student who has not been very happy there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.