Turn on thread page Beta

Media Double Standards: Muslim Vs White Terrorist watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    mhm double standards.

if a muslim does it = extremist/isis/terrorist
    if a white man/woman does it = its okay, they're mentally ill.

and its funny because i've never heard of any hindu extremists or sikh terrorists in the media and we know for a fact that they do exist.

the media is evil, fr...
    It is, but you're clueless if you think that this is how the MSM operates. In particular, CNN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...e-brainwashed/ oh but he was called a terrorist... no one has denied that the attack on Finsbury Park was an terrorist attack... Darren Osborne has been charged with terror related charges
    Plenty of media outlets did not call him a terrorist, including the BBC, until outrage at that fact. Yes he has been charged, but as this was calling out the media my point still stands.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ultimateradman)
    Plenty of media outlets did not call him a terrorist, including the BBC, until outrage at that fact. Yes he has been charged, but as this was calling out the media my point still stands.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...dent-finsbury/
    To be fair it often takes the media time to actually describe someone as a terrorist attack ( they often just use suspected under a few hours afterwards) it doesn’t actually help the suspect remained alive afterwards, which does limit on what the media can feasibly say
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.