Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who received an offer from either Oxford or Cambridge and chose to pursue a course at a different university, do you at all regret your decision in retrospect? I currently hold an offer from Oxford but am unsure as to whether I should firm it.

I have been offered a place at another university that is almost unheard of by most people but within my chosen discipline (History of Art) has a reputation that exceeds that of Oxbridge. As I am unsure of what career I want to pursue, Oxford, because of its reputation, is the logical choice, however, I still find myself contemplating attending the other university, which I love. I have no doubts that I would enjoy studying at Oxford, but the only thing preventing me from choosing my other university is the possibility that I might regret my decision. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? Or can offer any guidance?

ReputationRep:
    Courtauld Institute by any chance? They didn't do well on art in University Challenge. Stick with Oxford, it will give you more options and also ability to mix with different students. The experience will be as good, or better than the other place, you maybe have got fixated with the other place as a consolation prize in your mind. Stick with Oxford.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.