Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me how to revise chemistry??
    It was my top subject at GCSE so I never really needed to properly revise but now I'm 6months into my AS course and I'm getting D's and E's. I make revision notes and do past paper questions but nothing seems to be going in. I would make flashcards but I've heard they aren't good for chemistry revision, can anyone help?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by georgia-1101)
    Can someone please tell me how to revise chemistry??
    It was my top subject at GCSE so I never really needed to properly revise but now I'm 6months into my AS course and I'm getting D's and E's. I make revision notes and do past paper questions but nothing seems to be going in. I would make flashcards but I've heard they aren't good for chemistry revision, can anyone help?
    Try Dr Boes flash notes an then just hammer past papers , workbooks and mark schemes.

Id where you lose marks and then strengthen plus remember next time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...yy+flash+notes

ReputationRep:
    omg I feel you! I’m in the same boat rn and have a chem exam on Tuesday :// It’s so tough, isn’t it?? So far I’ve found MaChemGuy on YouTube to be quite useful in explaining things but even after his videos I still don’t really understand Equilibrium!! Flash cards are really good for definitions I’ve found. I’d say keep doing past paper questions - they’ll help in the long run (that’s what I’m hoping anyway heh)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.