Turn on thread page Beta

How does my student loan (the living loan) affect my families housing benefit ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So for next year, my 3rd year, I am planning on living alone (can't stand messy students) etc etc. However my mother is self employed and on housing benefit and the other relative I could stay with is also on housing benefit.
    So will me living with them mean I have to make up the housing benefit reductions ? to the full amount.
    I was planning to commute and buy a 500 pound bus pass and I know I would get 1000 or so less each year....
    Thank you!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ostne)
    So for next year, my 3rd year, I am planning on living alone (can't stand messy students) etc etc. However my mother is self employed and on housing benefit and the other relative I could stay with is also on housing benefit.
    So will me living with them mean I have to make up the housing benefit reductions ? to the full amount.
    I was planning to commute and buy a 500 pound bus pass and I know I would get 1000 or so less each year....
    Thank you!
    Hi Ostne,

You should ask your Jobcentre Plus or your local authority's Housing Benefit section how this will specifically affect any benefits. More information can be obtained from,www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators.Regards Rona

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.