Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I feel really down as I have failed an essay worth 70% of my module at 38% but passed the other 30% coursework at 60%, overall I would have got a third, but would I have to resit the failed part of the module for it to count as a pass or not? also would it even be worth resitting if my mark would be capped at 40%. Is a 2:1 for the year (2nd year) still possible, I'm awaiting two more module results yet for first semester but I got 73% in one and roughly 44% in this one.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombranonima)
    Hello,

I feel really down as I have failed an essay worth 70% of my module at 38% but passed the other 30% coursework at 60%, overall I would have got a third, but would I have to resit the failed part of the module for it to count as a pass or not? also would it even be worth resitting if my mark would be capped at 40%. Is a 2:1 for the year (2nd year) still possible, I'm awaiting two more module results yet for first semester but I got 73% in one and roughly 44% in this one.

Thanks.
    It would be worth checking with your university guidelines but at my uni the lowest module mark is excluded from your end of year grade, so doing worse in this one module shouldn’t affect your end of year or end of degree class if that is the case!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Double check to ensure that you know the guidelines for your uni (how much each year counts, how many credits are counted and which ones), but I would recommend gradestracker.com. You can input each module and assignment in your years of study, and based on the grade that you want for the year (and for individual modules too!) it can calculate how much you need on assignments/modules to achieve your overall goals. If you've already done assignments/modules/years, it lets you input how much you've already made.

Of course, at the end of the day your grade is down to module exam and classification boards. But this saves you recalculating constantly!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.