Turn on thread page Beta

Making a timetable - help please :( watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I have been making a revision time table (for my AS exams in around 3 months) and I know I have to go back and review stuff every once and a while but I just don't know how to fit it in, can someone please give me some advice how to review information and when, for example, should I revist old information every few days? But if I did that how would I revise other stuff as well? It's just causing me lots of stress and I don't know why.

Thanks in advance
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by BEON22)
    Hello all,

I have been making a revision time table (for my AS exams in around 3 months) and I know I have to go back and review stuff every once and a while but I just don't know how to fit it in, can someone please give me some advice how to review information and when, for example, should I revist old information every few days? But if I did that how would I revise other stuff as well? It's just causing me lots of stress and I don't know why.

Thanks in advance
    It is tricky.

I guess every week, go over some key concepts from each chapter and attempt one or two questions. No need to spend the same amount of time as you would studying new material, just get it running through your head a few times.

When it comes to exam time I go through the entire unit again, and each day I quickly run through and mentally test myself on some definitions and concepts etc based on the notes I made, but this takes up a small amount of time - most is spent learning new things or making notes on new things

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    It is tricky.

I guess every week, go over some key concepts from each chapter and attempt one or two questions. No need to spend the same amount of time as you would studying new material, just get it running through your head a few times.

When it comes to exam time I go through the entire unit again, and each day I quickly run through and mentally test myself on some definitions and concepts etc based on the notes I made, but this takes up a small amount of time - most is spent learning new things or making notes on new things

Good luck
    Thank you so much Kevin
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.