Turn on thread page Beta

AQA GCSE History Paper 1 & Paper 2 8145 - 04 & 08 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    For History i'm doing:
    Elizabethan England
    Russia 1894-1945 (Tsardom and Communism)
    Britain: Health and the people c1000 to the present day (Medicine throughout time)
    Conflict and Tension between East and West 1945-1972

Exam Board is AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gent2324)
    does anyone have any advice on how to answer the qeustions? I had a mock a few weeks ago where i found the questions before hand and learnt the answers, and i still got a grade 3! I take stuff from a cgp book for instance the question was "what caused the weimar republic downfall, economic or poolitical reason" I said that the french invaded the Ruhr which caused fear amongst the people and turned people against the weimar republic, what do i need to add to my points to actually get the marks I feel like im just reciting facts out of a cgp book which i assume wont get me far, thanks
    I used to have a simialr problem my teacher gave us a powerpoint on how to answer each question in nazi germany I could send it too you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-Dunleavy01)
    I used to have a simialr problem my teacher gave us a powerpoint on how to answer each question in nazi germany I could send it too you
    yes please

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Gent2324;76402806]yes please[/QUOTE
    I'll have a look now hopefully it's still there

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's really hard to get top top grades in history.

ReputationRep:
    it might help to learn a few precise statistics that could apply to everything, and learn how to answer the questions in the way they want because i did really badly in one test where i knew all the content and facts, but didn't know exactly how to respond the way the exam board wanted me to, which is really frustrating because you know you're right, and have the right idea and just dont know how to say it in one way that someone's decided!:banghead: maybe ask your teacher how to answer the questions question by question, ive now learnt how to and have done better since. i know i didnt really answer your question but hope i helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raqeen)
    Medicine through time,
    American West
    Conflict and Tension 1918-1939
    Norman England

I've got a massive booklet on Medicine Through Time
    and my teacher gave me out a booklet of info and exam questions for Medicine and Conflict and Tension anyone want me to send them? c:
    I'm so sorry, you might be regretting offering this now XD But if you could send this to me, that would be amazing - thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14abbottr)
    it might help to learn a few precise statistics that could apply to everything, and learn how to answer the questions in the way they want because i did really badly in one test where i knew all the content and facts, but didn't know exactly how to respond the way the exam board wanted me to, which is really frustrating because you know you're right, and have the right idea and just dont know how to say it in one way that someone's decided!:banghead: maybe ask your teacher how to answer the questions question by question, ive now learnt how to and have done better since. i know i didnt really answer your question but hope i helped!
    Hi, I'm really struggling with structuring my answers in the way they want. I'm doing Medicine, Nazi Germany, Conflict and Tension and Restoration. If you (or anyone!!) has any info on how to structure your answers for those topics, could you shoot me a message or something? Thank you so much to anyone who can help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlitserenade)
    Hi, I'm really struggling with structuring my answers in the way they want. I'm doing Medicine, Nazi Germany, Conflict and Tension and Restoration. If you (or anyone!!) has any info on how to structure your answers for those topics, could you shoot me a message or something? Thank you so much to anyone who can help!!
    Have you been through the page in the Nazi Germany Book, Conflict and Tension Book wherein it tells you how to answer like a 12 mark or 8 mark questions?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry, you might be regretting offering this now XD But if you could send this to me, that would be amazing - thank you so much!
    (Original post by Rhiannon_cobb)
    Wow!! Please can you send them to me? I am finding History revision so so hard!
    (Original post by s.m30)
    Could you send them to me also? Thanks.
    Hi guys, I finally finished scanning the booklet my teacher provided for Medicine through time but for some reason when I try to attach it, it says "Oh No some error occurred" :/

I made a Padlet account where you can post and share stuff all on a wall for anyone studying history and attached the document on there or if anyone wants me to email it to them send me a reply.
    ->[/b]

ReputationRep:
    No problem! If you need any help I have like a bunch of websites and stuff I've got saved and check out this Padlet, you can post about anything you need help with ->https://padlet.com/raqeenmoheed/tfs39smlr5xv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)
    Exactly what i am doing! Let me know if you need any help, I am in year 10 currently working at an 8 and aiming for a 9!
    i've also got an 8 and in a mock coming up soon I'm going to be aiming for a 9. I missed a few marks in the last question for not writing a conclusion as I ran out of time lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raqeen)
    Hi guys, I finally finished scanning the booklet my teacher provided for Medicine through time but for some reason when I try to attach it, it says "Oh No some error occurred" :/

I made a Padlet account where you can post and share stuff all on a wall for anyone studying history and attached the document on there or if anyone wants me to email it to them send me a reply.
    ->[/b]
    yes please can you email it to me bc the file doesn't open.

ReputationRep:
    I've attached a photo of a table my teacher made on how to structure answers for conflict and tension (I do Russia, Elizabethan England, medicine and conflict and tension) , i find it really helpful! hopefully it'll help you too

Name:  WIN_20180306_191252.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  182.6 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i don't have that book, Im doing Russian. Do you think this specific page is on google? Thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    Hi :wavey: Nice exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing If you feel like making any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising :bl:

ReputationRep:
    I literally want to die over how much we have to know, especially in power and the people.

I'm doing:

Germany
    Cold War
    Power and the People
    Elizabethan Era

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durararara)
    I'm aiming for an 8 and so far am stable. I suggest printing out the specification from the AQA website and just note & flashcard making for each of the subtopics from the aqa approved gcse history books from class. my teacher posts them on dynamic learning for me to note & flashcard make from them in my free time as an extra thing I asked from her. ask your teacher to do that if you want
    could you share them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny7867)
    could you share them
    sorry I could share my notes and flashcards but the pages my teacher posted expired. dm me if you want my notes tho

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any advice on how to answer exam questions effectively and in a way where I can gain as many marks as possible whilst doing it as quick as possible. I keep getting grade 5s and I'm aiming for a 7 in history.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.