Turn on thread page Beta

How do I correctly answer: 'How was your half-term?' ? watch

I am in 6th form and I don't know many people. I don't really want friends but it would be nice to have an easy chat with whoever I sit next to about their half term during registration. If they ask me about mine, I usually say 'fine' or 'good'. I'll ask them and they give the same answer, and vice versa.
    I'm pretty socially inept, and I find it difficult to draw out long answers from people, perhaps because they can sense that I don't really care. Or maybe I'm not being detailed enough in my reply, but I also don't want to appear self-obsessed or make the other person think I'm pathetic, since most of the stuff I do, I prefer to do alone.
    So how should I prepare myself for this inevitable question when I return to school? What level of detail do you guys go into? Any help appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Talk about an event that happened that they are likely to know about e.g the winter olympics
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just ask them what they have been up to and just try and carry on the conversation, if they don’t ask you much then just end the conversation. Just talk about random stuff but ask them questions, also if you are nervous don’t be
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.