Turn on thread page Beta

Are virtual hugs harassment? watch

FreeBSD updated its Code of Conduct to ban "simulated physical contact, e.g. textual descriptions such as *hug*" without prior consent, calling it a form of harassment.

Other forms of harassment include unwelcome comments regarding a person's lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.

https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

:rofl:

By posting this gif, am I in fact committing a mass rape? :hide:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness me. The whole worlds gone crazy

ReputationRep:
    This has to be a joke 😂

ReputationRep:
    Wtf man I didn’t give consent.

#MeToo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngeryPenguin)
    FreeBSD updated its Code of Conduct to ban "simulated physical contact, e.g. textual descriptions such as *hug*" without prior consent, calling it a form of harassment.

Other forms of harassment include unwelcome comments regarding a person's lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.

No way! I thought you were joking at first... 'Deliberate misgendering' in FreeBSD's code of conduct takes the cake though :rofl:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Harassment is far too weak a term for this vile behaviour. Deserves at least the death penalty - perhaps worse.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    if they are im going to be in prison for a very long time

ReputationRep:
    bruh if you're offended by that you definitely won't like me virtually fingering you...

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AngeryPenguin)

This world gets funnier and funnier...

Spoiler:
    Show

:banned: for hugging me without consent

(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    This has to be a joke 😂
    No, they are too corporate to put out jokes like this.

They've also had a series of incidents leading up to this.

They are following in the steps of Github (a startup whose new corporate management deemed its 'meritocracy' rug to be sexist):

They still haven't pushed an update to mitigate Spectre or Meltdown vulnerabilities, afaik.

I guess this was too important.

ReputationRep:
    I have just been raped.

Or at least that is what I understand.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Here we can observe how this smart fella avoided potential sexual harassment like a boss

Spoiler:
    Show

It’s also hard to just sleep when you’re tired. Because people are tired most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    This is hilariously tragic.

Update:

Emails leaked: https://archive.fo/pLHq5

Seems like a lot of the FreeBSD community are still not happy about it: https://archive.fo/j7w3u

Judging by what happened to node.js code of conduct disputes, it might only be okay to send virtual hugs to white men, since apparently it isn't possible to have a CoC violation for behavior against a member of the dominant group.

The ironiy is that this code of conduct, which is ostensibly meant to be about inclusivity, has already lost the project many valuable core contributers.

ReputationRep:
    :slap: is this assault? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The far left is normalizing lunacy and madness, seems like a normal day.

ReputationRep:
    This is beyond ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Somebody once sent me a gif claiming to give me a "virtual hug" i felt so violated, my life has never been the same since that fateful day.
    #metoo

ReputationRep:
    No.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.