Turn on thread page Beta

Vent about something which has annoyed you today! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdum)
    I’m going to go in a rant; I don’t see the point in life anymore, I’ve just come to the sudden realisation that’s there’s nothing to live for, life is but a cyclical structured cycle that consists of nothing but work. I work so hard at school only to be an average student, when there are kids who are half my age and have lived like to its fullest. I don’t even have money to travel or do anything if I was to die tomorrow I would be dissatisfied, I have focused so much on passing these bull **** exams just to work my way up to a job where I will need to do more work to earn a basic living. I come from a family that has no education background nor money so I’m doing this all alone and I feel helpless. School has killed any kind of passion that I had for anything and it’s left me stranded. Kinda just want to become a criminal and go travel the world. I feel like I’m a slave to society having to follow these restrictions to do this and that, but I’m not allowed to seek the happiness that I so willingly deserve. Aghgh. I’m just ready to give up and **** it all.
    Oh bless you I’m so sorry you feel that way! I do relate with life being a bit of a smart cycle but unfortunately it’s humans who have built that up and it’s all for good reason.

People do go travelling with no money at all and earn their way whilst abroad; it can be done but I think it needs a lot of planning! And I’m not sure how you’d pay for the first flights either 🤔

It’s frustrating that some people have such a privileged start but you just have to make the most of what you do have.
    I’m sure you’ll have come across the accusation for school assessment; it’s like comparing a monkey and a goldfish’s ability to climb a tree. So once you’ve left the messed up educational system, you have to build a rope pulley system to haul up your fish tank and keep society happy.

Basically it takes some people more work than others, but anything is achievable if you’re willing to do it. The sky’s the limit!

And in the meantime enjoy what’s free in life; see a sunrise, hear the chorus as the birds wake up, stop to smell the flowers, tell people how much you value them and love them, and most of all dream and decide how you’re going to reach that dream.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    So this morning I dropped my moisturiser in the bathroom and it rolled somewhere and I totally lost it , and as I was looking I walloped my head on the cupboard OUCH . Now I have a little bump there.
    I also wore my new shoes which are in the breaking in phase and are cutting my feet up to ribbons and they’re hurting now.
    Then I was dying my hair and dropped the hair dye all over my phone haha and my hairdryer also broke so I had to buy a new one !!!

IT DOESN’T RAIN IT POURS HUH :laugh:. Gotta laugh or els you’d cry
    Bless :lol: What colour have you dyed your hair?

ReputationRep:
    I said I was going to get a lot of work done but I've actually spent most of today sleeping :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Absolutely nothing annoyed me today. Nothing even came close to irritating me. Today was all good.
    Lucky you! I wish the rest of use could say the same 😂

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundae)
    I said I was going to get a lot of work done but I've actually spent most of today sleeping :cry:
    I think all students are familiar with procrastination and regret! I used to hate the library but now I find it’s the only place that actually makes me productive. Too many distractions (food 👀) at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdum)
    I’m going to go in a rant; I don’t see the point in life anymore, I’ve just come to the sudden realisation that’s there’s nothing to live for, life is but a cyclical structured cycle that consists of nothing but work. I work so hard at school only to be an average student, when there are kids who are half my age and have lived like to its fullest. I don’t even have money to travel or do anything if I was to die tomorrow I would be dissatisfied, I have focused so much on passing these bull **** exams just to work my way up to a job where I will need to do more work to earn a basic living. I come from a family that has no education background nor money so I’m doing this all alone and I feel helpless. School has killed any kind of passion that I had for anything and it’s left me stranded. Kinda just want to become a criminal and go travel the world. I feel like I’m a slave to society having to follow these restrictions to do this and that, but I’m not allowed to seek the happiness that I so willingly deserve. Aghgh. I’m just ready to give up and **** it all.
    I felt so much raw emotion in your post, I just had to reply. It seems this is a build up and this post was a way to release all of your frustration. How do you feel now? A bit more relieved? Let me tell you something. Life is a battle personified however there is always one good reason in everyone's existence to keep on going; to fight for another day. Even though nothing seems to be in your favour, please do not quit- whatever it is the world wants for you just has not found you yet. It will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLousie)
    I have a studying Instagram account so it makes more sense in that context but it's still annoying! I try and answer everyone but it gets super frustrating when people message you with a question which you literally answer if they read the image!
    Haha some people are a little dumb aren’t they 😂
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Had an absolute nightmare. So on Valentine's, my FWB and I were going to go to a singles night and see if I could pull another girl for a three-way. Then she got called into work so she couldn't go, but we agreed we'd just go to a club and try tonight because she was off work. So off we went tonight. I was grafting away for a good hour with different girls, none of whom were into it... then finally, I found one! Once I'd chatted her up and it was clear that she was into me and I'd propositioned her, she said she'd be up for it if my friend was hot, so I pointed my friend out to her and she seemed keen.

Then we go up to chat to my friend... who has managed to get steaming ****ing drunk in the time I'd been getting to work. She was slurring really badly, she ****ing stank and she scared the girl off by getting really graphic about what was going to go down - to paraphrase and try and keep it comparatively clean, she said she was going to bury the girl's face in her lap whilst I performed hard anal sex on her with my big penis. The girl then was just like "You know what, actually, I'd better not stay out tonight, I've got an early start in the morning so I'm just gonna hang out with my friends for a while. Good luck to you both finding someone though!"

Just dropped her off in a cab and came home, didn't bother having a go at her while she's drunk but she's gonna get an earful off me tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Bless :lol: What colour have you dyed your hair?
    Haha such a nightmare lol

I went for black henna this time , a bit darker than usual ! I like the henna tho cause it makes it really shiny xox
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    Haha such a nightmare lol

I went for black henna this time , a bit darker than usual ! I like the henna tho cause it makes it really shiny xox
    Sounds really nice, that

ReputationRep:
    i’m really bad at maths, and this girl (who got a 4 in her English GCSE last year which I got an 8 in, which you know; success is relative and i was proud for her!) had the nerve to call me ‘thick’ in front of the whole class.

Tell me I’m bad at maths, because I’ll agree - but the fact that she publicly called me thick (which can be generalised to all other areas) infuriated me!

ReputationRep:
    I slept in and couldn't make it in time to my lab today, woke up 10 mins before it started. Really annoyed by that.

ReputationRep:
    I am really annoyed about lack of progress in my A Level preparation of Media Studies. I still haven't completed my blog and I thought this forum might have been useful but its dead as hell. I am also annoyed about not getting any offers so far even tho i applied almost a month ago

ReputationRep:
    My cat keeps sleeping on my pillow!

ReputationRep:
    omy where do i start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    I don't understand why the Libyan people wanted to get rid of Gaddafi when he brought stability to Libya, he improved the healthcare of Libya, provided free electricity to all Libyans and his 'Gold Dinar' currency would have been able to get Africa out of poverty.
    It was orchestrated by the Americans. Theres loads of interesting documentaries out there and not all of them are conspiracy theories. In short, Colonel Gaddafi wanted to set up a central reserve bank in Libya that would have been the central bank for Africa in future - this threatened the Federal Reserve and the greenback. He had to go because of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackdaniel10796)
    It was orchestrated by the Americans. Theres loads of interesting documentaries out there and not all of them are conspiracy theories. In short, Colonel Gaddafi wanted to set up a central reserve bank in Libya that would have been the central bank for Africa in future - this threatened the Federal Reserve and the greenback. He had to go because of this.
    And it is so sad!

ReputationRep:
    A creepy old guy slowed down his car and started smiling at me. What a creep

ReputationRep:
    I need to take a **** but I really can't be arsed.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.