Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Foundation level or Higher? What is the difference?

ReputationRep:
    On the higher tier paper you can achieve a grade 5-9. With foundation tier, you can only achieve up to a level 5.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you sit the paper at higher tier level, the grading of the paper will scale from Grades '9-1' whereas with the foundation papers, the grading is capped at a solid Grade '5' and complexity is adjusted to the scaling.

ReputationRep:
    Go for the higher. I’m in year 11 so sitting the exams in around 3 months and honestly i really enjoy it. I’m taking biology for a level so my opinion may be bias but that’s just me personally. Don’t limit yourself, the grade boundaries will be in our favour anyway as especially for me I am the first year on new spec so everyone will probably do bad so for me I am hoping I do well

ReputationRep:
    They cross over so the hardest questions of the foundation paper are usually the easier questions in the higher paper

ReputationRep:
    Are you in A level? If I do GCSE foundation maths can i go to A level?

(Original post by Beth286)
    Go for the higher. I’m in year 11 so sitting the exams in around 3 months and honestly i really enjoy it. I’m taking biology for a level so my opinion may be bias but that’s just me personally. Don’t limit yourself, the grade boundaries will be in our favour anyway as especially for me I am the first year on new spec so everyone will probably do bad so for me I am hoping I do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diana Didi)
    Are you in A level? If I do GCSE foundation maths can i go to A level?

No I’m currently in year 11 haha. It depends on your school, personally for mine you don’t need maths for biology specifically, however I’m unsure on chem and physics. But I think you should do higher.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.