Turn on thread page Beta

What are the chances getting accepted on a course which u meet none of the entry reqs watch

ReputationRep:
    Im just tryna change my life.. isit even worth applying??
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    I mean, I can't answer your question directly as I don't know the answer.

Have you considered taking an Access course at college or a distance-learning degree with the Open University? They don't have any specific academic requirements AFAIK.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    It depends on the course and university you are applying for. If you are applying to study medicine at Kings you are unlikely to be offered a interview.

In my experience, universities will make some allowances if you are close to meeting their entry requirements. My university asked for AAB and I got AAC. They still accepted me.

ReputationRep:
    Without being an admissions officer for the university you are applying to, none of us on here can comment.

Give the admissions line a call at wherever you are wanting to apply and talk to them - they would be very happy and open to have a chat with you and talk over your options, talk about what route you should take to make your application stronger and give an indication on whether or not you'd be accepted than we can.

Good luck with whatever you do

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.