Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Half term revision watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know how to revise during half term. What should I do? I’ve made notes by I am really confused now for all subjects. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Starting to stress now...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ibbi098)
    I don’t know how to revise during half term. What should I do? I’ve made notes by I am really confused now for all subjects. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Starting to stress now...
    Hi there

The thread here (and the ones linked in this) may be of use to you! Just out of curiosity, what subjects do you take?

ReputationRep:
    I take history eng maths science re ict and French
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I take history eng maths science re ict and French
    Oki doki! Well, I think if you take a look on the thread I linked earlier, that might point you in the right direction as it's covered most of those subjects in the past.

But if it doesn't help completely, or you need more detail, just give me a shout and I'll try and help where I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Oki doki! Well, I think if you take a look on the thread I linked earlier, that might point you in the right direction as it's covered most of those subjects in the past.

But if it doesn't help completely, or you need more detail, just give me a shout and I'll try and help where I can
    What did you get for your mocks?

ReputationRep:
    Mate half term is almost over
    And I hate going back to school
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SannHash)
    What did you get for your mocks?
    I did GCSE a couple of years ago now, so my memory's a bit rusty, but I think I got all A*s except 2 which were an A and B. I took English Lit/Lang, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, German and ICT

ReputationRep:
    Nice results very nice. What are your tips? How did you do so well. In my mocks i got two grade 6s two grade 5s three grade fours and one A*

ReputationRep:
    I did GCSE a couple of years ago now, so my memory's a bit rusty, but I think I got all A*s except 2 which were an A and B. I took English Lit/Lang, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, German and ICT
    WOW! Thats great!!!! How did you revise and how many hours did you revise everyday or every weekend !!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Nice results very nice. What are your tips? How did you do so well. In my mocks i got two grade 6s two grade 5s three grade fours and one A*
    Thank you My biggest tip would be to start early and be consistent. Even if you only do half an hour to begin with; do half an hour everyday. Keep recapping topics and don't just work your way through a list of topics - prioritise and work to a time limit.

Well done on your mocks! Those are fantastic! :yes:

WOW! Thats great!!!! How did you revise and how many hours did you revise everyday or every weekend !!
    Thank you I mainly used flashcards to revise. I literally made the entire CGP revision books for all three sciences into flashcards (so we're talking thousands) and just keep going over and over them. IN terms of hours, it's hard to say because I never really sat there and just focused on GCSEs, I would be doing a couple of things or chopping and changing.Though when I did look at the time i spent at my desk it could be around 8 hours at weekends - but bear in mind this isn't constant study.

In a sense I regret doing it like I did, because I could have condensed the same amount of work into maybe 3 or 4 hours maximum, but as I didn't have many other interests (or much of a social life) I just took it slow and steady. It paid off in the end though. I also started early as I mentioned above. I was recapping GCSE work back in Year 9/10 every night, so it was less of a shock when the exams arrived.

I kept a Grow Your Grades blog on my GCSE journey and if you want to take a look, you can do - it's here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3897511

It might give you a better idea of how I structured my revision/study

Any questions though, just ask

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, My biggest tip would be to start early and be consistent. Even if you only do half an hour, to begin with; do half an hour every day. Keep recapping topics and don't just work your way through a list of topics - prioritise and work to a time limit.

Well done on your mocks! Those are fantastic! :yes:

Thank you, I mainly used flashcards to revise. I literally made the entire CGP revision books for all three sciences into flashcards (so we're talking thousands) and just keep going over and over them. IN terms of hours, it's hard to say because I never really sat there and just focused on GCSEs, I would be doing a couple of things or chopping and changing.Though when I did look at the time I spent at my desk it could be around 8 hours at weekends - but bear in mind this isn't constant study.

In a sense, I regret doing it like I did because I could have condensed the same amount of work into maybe 3 or 4 hours maximum, but as I didn't have many other interests (or much of a social life) I just took it slow and steady. It paid off in the end though. I also started early as I mentioned above. I was recapping GCSE work back in Year 9/10 every night, so it was less of a shock when the exams arrived.

I kept a Grow Your Grades blog on my GCSE journey and if you want to take a look, you can do - it's here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3897511

It might give you a better idea of how I structured my revision/study

Any questions though, just ask
    Honestly, you are an inspiration!!!:bird: Although you have done your GCSE's ages ago and it may only feel like a distant memory or a thing of the past, the advise you are giving may not seem that big however this means the absolute world to me!!Thanks a ton. I am going to check out your blog in a sec and also if I ever have any more questions, I can always ask you! Once again, thanks a ton!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Honestly, you are an inspiration!!!:bird: Although you have done your GCSE's ages ago and it may only feel like a distant memory or a thing of the past, the advise you are giving may not seem that big however this means the absolute world to me!!Thanks a ton. I am going to check out your blog in a sec and also if I ever have any more questions, I can always ask you! Once again, thanks a ton!
    Aww thank you very much, those words mean a lot. If you need a hand with anything, just give me a shout

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you very much, those words mean a lot. If you need a hand with anything, just give me a shout
    Thank you so so much!😊😊

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.