Turn on thread page Beta

Trying to motivate my friend to get himself out there and ask a girl out (he has been saying that he wants a relationship but doesn’t think that anyone would like him back) he also doesn’t believe what I say ( he thinks that I am just been a good friend in saying that he can get a girlfriend and that people will like him)

Anyone want to rate him? I will pm you
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Trying to motivate my friend to get himself out there and ask a girl out (he has been saying that he wants a relationship but doesn’t think that anyone would like him back) he also doesn’t believe what I say ( he thinks that I am just been a good friend in saying that he can get a girlfriend and that people will like him)

Anyone want to rate him? I will pm you
    I would tell him that it makes it difficult for people to like him if he has a negative amount of self confidence. Would also avoid telling him that he will find someone etc etc, instead encourage him to try.

ReputationRep:
    It's not just about looks. If he's going to have a negative attitude, even if he is the most handsome man out there, he isn't going to get far. He needs to learn how to love himself and things will soon follow.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is more important than looks in the sense that confidence/personality makes you look good. (provided you take care of yourself and your health).

10/10 is just a number.

ReputationRep:
    OK, I'll have a butchers. And please tell me his height and weight.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.