Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Welcome to my journey of year 12! I am currently studying Chemistry, Biology and P.E

I am aiming for 3A's as I want to pursue dentistry in uni.However, its not went to plan.But! I'm here to document the change and motivate others

Hopefully, it will motivate me too! So I'm going to try and post on this thread every day, if not I will tell you guys.

The plan:
    1.Complete a minimum of 2.5 hours of revision a day
    2.Post every day on this thread and make it entertaining (i hope)

Any positive comments would be much appreciated but more specifically I need to learn how to take notes efficiently and concisely
    Many Thanks Amir

And let the journey to success COMMENCE!

ReputationRep:
    What's your aim, Amir?

Let me guess: Dr. Amir Khan?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Ahah yes actually!
    I have a passion for working in the medical field; A dentist sounds amazing but also a potential career in becoming a doctor and researching rheumatoid arthritis as currently there is no cure, but also due to my mother suffering from it.Therefore I see the horrible pain and problems caused by this, and I would LOVE to make a difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amirarif4801)
    Ahah yes actually!
    I have a passion for working in the medical field; A dentist sounds amazing but also a potential career in becoming a doctor and researching rheumatoid arthritis as currently there is no cure, but also due to my mother suffering from it.Therefore I see the horrible pain and problems caused by this, and I would LOVE to make a difference
    Lol I have the same dream brother, what did you get in your GCSEs if you don't mind sharing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    Lol I have the same dream brother, what did you get in your GCSEs if you don't mind sharing?
    Nice! and I got 7As 3Bs and 1C what about you? and what year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    So...Day 1!....

Was a success!

But before we start today's song was:

X-by Schoolboy Q, 2 Chainz and Saudi

I completed all the tasks for today and fulfilled my promises

1) I sorted out my biology questions into topics here are a couple pics:
    Attachment 725868
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 34
Size:  50.1 KB

And completed the topics I was weak at:
    1)Heart and Blood Vessels
    2)Classification
    3)Biological Molecules
    4)Enzymes

Also, i ordered Jim Clarks AS/A Level Chemistry Calculations so will be getting on with that as I'm on the energetics topic

Finally, feel free to ask me questions or for tips I have!

Thanks Amir

ReputationRep:
    Day 2
    completed my energetics assessment today, it went well however my lovely teacher decided to put in some kinetics questions! ... I still hope I pulled through

Now at home, I'm currently completing past paper questions for biology as I have a mock tomorrow! which I'm feeling confident for (for once) .

Also Good news but bad news:

Spoiler:
    Show

Next week I am scheduled to begin my dentistry work experience at my city hospital which is amazing; I'm fascinated to see what the real job is like, and how everything works! But... My school basketball team has a national game on Monday the day at which I begin my work experience... so I'm in a predicament.

However on the good side again I have stuck with my plans of revision, and hopefully will continue throughout this term.Also on the bright side, the first day back was a blast! Met up with the friends I didn't see during the holidays and worked productively.

I also received an email from my sixth form tutor about BMAT and UKCAT exams which I am still curious about!

But also I had a friend tell me about a partners program for medicine at Newcastle Uni and with the program, he only needs ABB, how amazing! Just hoping that other Unis do this for dentistry.

Thanks, Amir!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while as I have just been really busy with school.

But! on the bright side I got my bio mock back and I got 36 out of 39 which equates to an A* which I am so happy about.

I also was looking into medicine today, as I might change; The unis I'm interested in are:
    Dundee
    Glasgow
    Newcastle
    Exeter
    Hull/York
    Plymouth

If anyone knows which ones are best to go, please let me know.

I also finally chose my EPQ topic: Forensic Orthodontology and how it works

This really interests me as its related to dentistry but incorporates crime which sounds really interesting!

Anyway thanks for reading
    Amir

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peeked)
    Good luck!
    Thanks Peeked!!

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.