Turn on thread page Beta

My sister is trying to ruin my life ;( watch

I'm literally crying my eyes out as I write this My family relationships are really bad but my one sister is literally making my life hell. She suffers depression and has gone through a lot but recently she's been attacking me a lot. Right now she just came up to me saying I'm gonna break your legs as you're trying to hack my twitter account and I'm trying to get her killed. She has said previously, that if I know what's going on with her and don't do anything i'm the one to blame. What hurts me the most is that i've supported her so much, to the point where my relationships with my other family members have been ruined. I'm only 16 and it gets to me so much. Her depression was thrown on to me as I helped her and even then I didn't complain, even though I was going through severe depression myself but she never asked me. I don't know why she does this as it affects my a levels soooo much. It hurts so badly... When she said the twitter thing my sister who sleeps with me instantly said did you do it when she knows I would never do something like that. My family know my sisters a bit crazy so won't say anything so I can't speak to anyone or say anything as i know what she's capable of. I'm just tired. I hate this feeling of letting her words get to me but I just give up now because she won't stop...

ReputationRep:
    Don’t give up never in life because you have a choice of making it a good enough life for you once you start working on self and minimizing the affects of this kinds of trails.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the twitter thing but I do understand others knocking your confidenxe in your own home. I could probably use the word abuse but won't. At your age, best to have some adults involved and intervening.

ReputationRep:
    From the description it sounds like your sister has mental health issues, which means that she may not be fully to blame for what she says, but that doesn't make it any easier for you. You should be getting support from your family. Childline have counsellors who can listen to you, either by phone or online messaging. They will know more about what can be done to help you. You don't deserve to be living like this.
    https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

ReputationRep:
    Maybe keeping healthy boundaries will help? Yes, she has severe issues and really needs help, but this fact doesn't make your feelings any less important. I want to tell you that it's a wonderful thing you have been doing supporting her. If I had a person like you in my life, I would thank my lucky stars. By boundaries I mean that when she oversteps the line you take your stand and tell her you don't want to fight and try and leave the issue alone- since she clearly won't listen to reason. The whole 'you're the one to blame' thing is a lousy thing to do. She has to learn taking responsibility for herself and stop treating you like rubbish. Maybe her illness is causing her to lash out like this, but staying in this cruel cycle of hurt and tiredness will just drag you down. You need to have a serious talk with your parents about your sister and tell them to get her some help. Not only will this help her, but it might also better your family's relations. Although let me warn you therapists are no wand-wavers and neither are pills magic. She will definitely go through ups and downs but that doesn't mean she is not progressing.
    Now about you. You've been so strong. It's okay to break down and let it all out if you feel like. Go to someone/someplace that comforts you if you want. Talking to somebody about this like a good friend or the school counselor might be cathartic and will finally let those wounds get an out. An outside perspective to your problems might help come up with solutions that you might never have thought of by yourself. Relations with family may be crazy and in no ways perfect but if you let that hang around your neck like a noose every day it won't let you get up and actually breathe. Just because bad stuff happens doesn't mean you will stay down forever. A Levels are demanding as it is, trying to better your environment and making yourself feel better might aid your studies as well as your happiness. I really hope things become better for you! (:

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar situation last year. it resulted in my family splitting apart and moving out for 10 months. now things are just returning to normal, but I was pulled out of sixth form and it has genuinely ruined my life. i know how you feel just try an keep your head up

ReputationRep:
    I sympathise with you. Similarly to your sister, my mother had had depression and mental health issues (as have I) and she can be quite evil when she's cranky.

She may have depression and all which may excuse her to an extent, but that doesn't mean it's right for her to act like this. Have you spoken to anyone about this, like friends? You could also speak to some helplines such as ChildLine, which another user suggested. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.