Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Let me start from the beginning,we have this printer and we’ve had it for years, and it looks pretty new, the only problem is that we stopped using it a few years ago because there was a problem, now I want to use the printer so I’m trying to fix the problem... so please can anyone help me?

The problem is that when we try to print something out , it’ll print really faint or even not at all., Like when I try to to print a trial page. But when I calibrate the printer then most of the colours come except one block.

I’ve tried cleaning the cartridge head manually and physically so any more suggestions?

Thankyou for your answers x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by dope_hana)
    Let me start from the beginning,we have this printer and we’ve had it for years, and it looks pretty new, the only problem is that we stopped using it a few years ago because there was a problem, now I want to use the printer so I’m trying to fix the problem... so please can anyone help me?

The problem is that when we try to print something out , it’ll print really faint or even not at all., Like when I try to to print a trial page. But when I calibrate the printer then most of the colours come except one block.

I’ve tried cleaning the cartridge head manually and physically so any more suggestions?

Thankyou for your answers x
    I'm no printer expert, but I think it might be something to do with the nozzle. Have you tried cleaning the nozzle? Some printers can self clean the nozzle (you can find it in the settings usually).

AngryJellyfish can you get this moved to Technology and computers please?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This sounds similar to an old thread, a user mentioned that they had a printer, hadn't used it for years and wanted to start using it but it didn't print properly. I believe the answer there was that they'd need a new printer.

Have you put new ink cartridges in? Ink dries up and a cartridge from years ago will not print reliably nowadays. It's also difficult to diagnose without knowing the printer model.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.