Turn on thread page Beta

it's been three days since i got the nexplanon inserted. My doctor told me to keep the bandage on for 24 hours, i did but she didn't tell me that i had to wait three days to take off the steri-strip bandages so i ended up taking it off myself the same day i took the bandage off. I didn't know about that until i searched it up yesterday. She gave me a paper to read but no where in that paper it talked about that. It's a little bruise and when i try to move it like put clothes on and get something sometimes it stings. It make take about a week to heal i guess, from the other girls experiences but none of them talk about getting their stern-strip bandages off early like me. I put a band aid on and i havent gotten it wet. There's like a green color on the spot they put it in the line shows with the color, i think thats the bruise part. When should i wet it, and should i be concerned about this?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it's been three days since i got the nexplanon inserted. My doctor told me to keep the bandage on for 24 hours, i did but she didn't tell me that i had to wait three days to take off the steri-strip bandages so i ended up taking it off myself the same day i took the bandage off. I didn't know about that until i searched it up yesterday. She gave me a paper to read but no where in that paper it talked about that. It's a little bruise and when i try to move it like put clothes on and get something sometimes it stings. It make take about a week to heal i guess, from the other girls experiences but none of them talk about getting their stern-strip bandages off early like me. I put a band aid on and i havent gotten it wet. There's like a green color on the spot they put it in the line shows with the color, i think thats the bruise part. When should i wet it, and should i be concerned about this?
    Call the place you had it done, explain that you didn't receive any aftercare instructions, and you'd like to know how long after insertion you should wait before getting it wet. Different places have different guidelines and advice. I was told to not submerge it in water for 5 days, but I could shower and stuff and to just not use things like shower gel around it until the wound itself had healed. Keep an eye out for any signs of infection or bleeding, but it sounds like you're probably fine at this point. I had quite a lot of bruising even though I followed the aftercare instructions perfectly. It will continue to be sore for another few days, of course particularly if you knock it or wear clothes that are tighter around it, but after that you should be okay. I have absolutely not idea what you mean when you talk about the green colour though. Could it be the pen mark they left when they inserted it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.