Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been offered an unconditional here for the CATA course and I'm
    strongly considering making it my firm choice but there's something I'd like to clarify before I do. So my current main interests in the pipeline are modeling, animation, vfx, and lighting. The CATA course seems to focus mainly on the latter end of the pipeline which is great for vfx and lighting but my main worry is that the course might not focus as much on modeling and animation. If there are any CATA/CVA students here that are studying or have recently graduated I'd really appreciate it if you could give me an insight as to how much compulsory modeling and animation you do and if you felt there was a good amount or if it's something you would need to teach yourself using online resources like Pluralsight. Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Harvey R)
    Hey, I've been offered an unconditional here for the CATA course and I'm
    strongly considering making it my firm choice but there's something I'd like to clarify before I do. So my current main interests in the pipeline are modeling, animation, vfx, and lighting. The CATA course seems to focus mainly on the latter end of the pipeline which is great for vfx and lighting but my main worry is that the course might not focus as much on modeling and animation. If there are any CATA/CVA students here that are studying or have recently graduated I'd really appreciate it if you could give me an insight as to how much compulsory modeling and animation you do and if you felt there was a good amount or if it's something you would need to teach yourself using online resources like Pluralsight. Thanks!
    Hi Harvey,

I study BSc Marketing at BU so therefore I'll include the details of one of the senior lecturers (Ari Sarafopoulos) on the course, here: [email protected]

Hopefully they should be able to answer your queries about the course and you can go from there!

-Dom B

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.