Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think I have been allocated to Van Mildert college (I haven't received an email but I checked my 'offer holders overnight stay' options and it was there so I'm guessing that's where I have been placed?).

Due to medical reasons I would probably be unable to accept my offer from Durham if there is no possibility of changing this college. I am concerned that this might not be possible as I would have to be at one of the Bailey colleges (I cannot travel far) and these seem to be very oversubscribed?

Does anyone have any information on this?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by FreeDerry)
    I think I have been allocated to Van Mildert college (I haven't received an email but I checked my 'offer holders overnight stay' options and it was there so I'm guessing that's where I have been placed?).

Due to medical reasons I would probably be unable to accept my offer from Durham if there is no possibility of changing this college. I am concerned that this might not be possible as I would have to be at one of the Bailey colleges (I cannot travel far) and these seem to be very oversubscribed?

Does anyone have any information on this?
    Contact Durham because I am sure there is definitely a way to change your college allocation if you have a medical condition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah what Wolfmoon said. In fact it's the only reason why they would change your college, so I'd go for it and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    I actually had the same issue where I was placed in Van Mildert but I had a grass allergy and it’s on a grassy hill lol, so I emailed them and they basically told me to get ****ed lmao (obv not in those words but that was the tone) so I guess it has to be more serious than an allergy? Also again I don’t know how serious your issue is but the fact that it was on the hill was an issue for me too and they just said ‘there’s a bus so use that’. Idk if that helps at all, let me know if you have any questions about the process
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.